Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Strange behaviour Dimmer 2

Boyd

Question

Hello,

I've got some problems with my Dimmer 2 in my new house. I've connected the Dimmer 2 as described, with a Bypass (It gave me an error that I should use a Bypass). The dimmer works perfectly. I can dim, turn the lights on or off, no problems at all. 

The problem is with the wall switch (connected to SX & S1): When I push the wall switch, the lights go on. When I push it again, the lights stay on. Nothing happens. The only way to put the lights of, is through the app... Then if I touch the wall switch again, it turns on. I can't find what the problem is on this, I've allready tried 3 Dimmers to check a hardware problem in the Dimmer. 

3 answers to this question

hi @Boyd , are you using momentary or toggle switch?
Hi you set parameter 20 and further in the template?

• Inquirer
  • Hi!

Yes I've tried changing that setting, tried to change it with my Homey ánd Domoticz, both couldn't change it. However, it is on momentary now, I've tried the momantary switch ánd the toggle switch, both with the same problem. Touching the switch makes the lights go on. There is no way to turn it of with the switches... 

Is it possible that I did something wrong? I don't think so because everything works perfect, except turning it off...

Edited by Boyd

Hi @Boyd,

Had a some weeks ago the same problem. Did as @Bodyart, said changed it from toggle to momentary and back.
    Helped for a few days, Then happened again. So did the same changes from toggle to momentary and back.

Did a softconfiguration and the problem did not occur again.

But I do not know ifyou can do a softconfig on Homey or Domoticz.

Dimmer 2 is connected to a HC3