Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Logs - Can download but can't view

Hallamnet

Question

Does anyone know how to open the log files from the following address: -  <HC_IP>/api/service/logsDump

I am having some funky goings on and want to review the logs myself but when the file is downloaded from my HC2, it is a .tar.gz file and 7 zip will not open it.

Can anyone help me out at all?

Thanks,

Hal

9 answers to this question

Hi,

Google is your best friend.

Please login or register to see this link.

11 hours ago, Hallamnet said:

Does anyone know how to open the log files from the following address: -  <HC_IP>/api/service/logsDump

The data is encrypted, I recommend you send the file to [email protected]. Not only because it is encrypted, but also you need their expertise to understand what it all means. They are detailed (but have limited time range) and you might see lots of "red herrings".

If someone posted the way to decrypt them then Fibaro changes it on the next firmware.

What kind of "funky things" do you mean?

• Inquirer
  • At one point about 2 months ago, all of my Fibaro Motion sensors stopped reporting just LUX and all other devices were fine Including motion and temperature . The only way round the issues was to exclude and reinclude to get them working again. 

I have had an issue recently where ALL of my mains powered devices just stopped talking to the HC2 and all showed the dead X and could not communicate at all but all battery powered devices were still talking back to the HC2! 

I rebooted the HC2 and this booted back up to the same situation. I tried another reboot and also unplugged from the mains and still no change on next boot. I then went drastic and flicked the main breaker in the house, left it off for a few seconds and then put in back on. After this, all was ok.

Ever since I bought my replacement HC2 just before Christmas 2019, Every update that gets applied to the HC2, as normal will install and reboot the HC2 but the HC2 never boots back up. All lights are off other than the LAN activity lights.  Support asked me to go to the bios and check the RTC, replace the battery and check the auto power on at boot. All completed and still the issue is ongoing. It’s almost like I have bought a flakey HC2. Never had these issues with my older HC2.

• Inquirer
  • 17 hours ago, Sjakie said:

Hi,

Google is your best friend.

I did try this and it would not open, just chucked up errors about the archive but as petergebruers has advised, looks like they are encrypted. 

I will just had to wait and see what support comes back and says.

Thanks for the replies though! ?

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, petergebruers said:

The data is encrypted (...) If someone posted the way to decrypt them then Fibaro changes it on the next firmware.

Just out of curiosity, can it be decrypted on the HC2 when you have root-access?

Edited by Lambik

2 hours ago, Lambik said:

Just out of curiosity

i posted years ago how to decrypt them,

, so the logs content changed already, but the encryption is the same

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 4:57 PM, tinman said:

i posted years ago how to decrypt them,

, so the logs content changed already, but the encryption is the same

Thank you @tinman!