Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems after update to 4.600 + shutter question

Jeroen_

Question

Hi,

2 days ago, I updated my HC2 to 4.600 and now I can't control the dim level on all of my lights through google assistant (all fibaro modules). Before this worked flawless. After the update I can only turn the lights on and off. Does anyone know a solution to fix this?

I installed 7 roller shutter 3 modules this week. They work through google assistant, but it works on incremental basis and not absolute. For example, if the shutters are open and I say "set shutters to 15%"it closes to 15 %, if I then say "set shutters to 50%" it closes to 65% (15+50). To open them I have to say, "open shutters 15%". I would like to use absolute values for this. Example: command "set shutters to 50%" it should open to 50%, followed by "set shutters to 15%" it should close to the 15% position. Is this possible? With absolute values it is easier to control them all in one command.

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by Jeroen_

13 answers to this question

Dimmer modules also stopped working and now are seen as switches in Google Home. Another difference I noticed is that RGBW module, which was previously only recognized as a switch in GH, now can be dimmed and color can be changed through GH - but I'm not sure if that came in another update, but I was not aware of it. However, Dimmer 2 modules, which were previously correctly recognized as dimmable, are now only seen as non-dimmable switches in GH.

• Inquirer
  • @posnisir Where are you from. I think this a local problem and not present in every country. Otherwise I would have expected more reactions to this.

@Jeroen_ I'm from Croatia. I don't know, I doubt they have different data format for different countries. It seems there was a change on Google's or Fibaro's side (probably the former), so it broke stuff on the other side

• Inquirer
  • The reason I asked is because I think the problem is on the google side although it happened after a fibaro update. I assume that both our languages are the first with changes implemented on the google side and perhaps we were lucky that it worked before.

May @A.Socha can give us some input about this issue from the Fibaro site. Or he can ask a colleague who knows something about this. That would be very appreciated!

I tried with. Both and i also down graded to a past backup and the old os and did the integration.from scratch. It atill happens !!! Only after disconnecting all google speakers and router as well as Fibaro I was a Kr to do a real. Login. Before that all the lights were fixated to my google rooms even when I changed all devices and ip so google is storing it but the fact that I downgraded to 4,58 doesn’t that mewb it’s google? Both don’t sees. To know. 

• Inquirer
  • I also tried a lot to solve it, but no succes. I think we have to wait for an update from google or fibaro ?

I have noticed the same issue with mine hc2 4600 in Sweden. Hope for a quick released firmware fix to solve it.

Received a message from Fibaro.

They changed something in the intergration between Google Home / Alexa and Fibaro wich caused this issue.

The engineers from Fibaro are working to fix this issue. We have to be patient.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks John, that is good news! We just have to be patient ?

• Inquirer
  • Thanks John, it works again! I'm so happy  now ?

Edited by Jeroen_