Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New Fibaro Home Center app & QuickApps

krzyzak

Question

Hello ?

Few days ago I started my journey with smart home: I'm slowly adding new physical (at the moment relay switches only, I plan to add a couple of dimmers/smart implants), as well as virtual devices to my HC3.

I downloaded new&shiny Fibaro Home Center app, and I have quite a few questions related to it:

1. I created QuickApp that fetches air-quality related data from Airly.eu (I might share it later, as I couldn't find HC3-compatible one in the marketplace), it works just fine: I can see it in the dashboard when I open web interface:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_07/Screenshot_2020-07-15_14-21-12.png.e77bbdcceef37ec1e4953e90c5c44af9.png" />

However, I can't find it anywhere in the Home Center App: is it some kind of bug, my misconfiguration, or quicks apps are not intended to be displayed there?

2. I noticed that HC app is not compatible with ipad: I had an idea to use my ipad mini as a main dashboard that controls/oversees the whole system, but with this app it kinda misses the point: What kind of hardware and software mix do you folks use for that purpose?

3. Is there a possibility to display _somewhere_  (regardless if that's Home Center App or web interface) given property of a virtual device? For example instead of having this (totally useless) iconScreenshot_2020-07-15_14-28-33.png.21e33ed1079a2d11d799fba9dbd1a8f2.png I'd like to display current air quality index.

Cheers

7 answers to this question

@krzyzak
The QuickApp itself doesn’t work in the App (yet, I hope). 

You can make a child device for every reading (pm2, pm10, etc). With the child devices you can than also use scenes to do something with the readings, e.g. notifications, close windows, etc. you can find an example how to create child devices for air quality sensors here:

You can see the values of the child devices in the App like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And see here for a icon discussion on the QuickApp and child devices. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • Hi @SmartHomeEddy, thank you for your response: The solution with child devices seems to be exactly something I'm looking for, however, rookie question: how can I create a child device? Could you share either a way how can I define that via UI and or code snippet that handles that?

I think the easiest way is to just copy past some of my QuickApp sources at: 

I can also recommend this item for more insight on QuickApps (and child devices). 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

58 minutes ago, krzyzak said:

Hi @SmartHomeEddy, thank you for your response: The solution with child devices seems to be exactly something I'm looking for, however, rookie question: how can I create a child device? Could you share either a way how can I define that via UI and or code snippet that handles that?

You can have a look how the Netamo QuickApp by gmart is doing it here:

Please login or register to see this link.

You should have gone for the HC2 my friend. It at least has a well working tablet app, unlike the HC3.