Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa groups not working for roller shutters only anymore

MaikiMaik

Question

Hi,

since approx. beginning of July 2020 Alexa cannot process commands to roller shutter groups anymore (e.g. "Alexa, set blinds in groupABC to 80"). I always receive the answer "groupABC does not support that".

The Alexa group only consists of roller shutters.

Accessing single roller shutters with Alexa via their device name still works.

Accessing Alexa groups with lights only in it still works.

Activating scenes via Alexa still works.

It used to work for more than a year without a problem and I am not aware that I have changed anything. Maybe a version update in Alexa or Fibaro?

Anyone has the same issue?

Best regards,

Maik

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

With last update we added support for roller shutters in native skill can you write what you mean by : The Alexa group only consists of roller shutters. i Can easy add to group every type of devices in Alexa

• Inquirer
  • On 7/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, A.Socha said:

With last update we added support for roller shutters in native skill can you write what you mean by : The Alexa group only consists of roller shutters. i Can easy add to group every type of devices in Alexa

@A.Socha 

Creating the groups in Alexa is not the problem. I can create groups as many as I want no matter which devices are in. 

The issue is that a command like "Alexa, set rollershutters-basement (italic = group name) to 80 percent" is not executed anymore. Alexa replies "rollershutters-basement does not support that".

If I say "Alexa, set left-rollershutter-basement (italic = DEVICE name) to 80 percent" the command is executed as desired.

This behaviour is new since approx. 4 weeks. It used to work before that for at least 2 years (since I have Fibaro & Alexa). I have not changed anything lately regarding the roller shutters in my HC nor my Alexa-app.

• Inquirer
  • Update:

I have downgraded from version 4.600 to 4.590 and after that also to 4.580 without success so presumably the problem is within Alexa.

Unfortunately for iOS it is not trivial to downgrade apps and I checked the option where none fit for me so I cannot try it out.

However I found out that commands "Alexa, close/open rollershutters-basement"  work.

Has the command change that I need to tell Alexa to achieve a e.g. 80% close of the rollershutters? (but its still working for single devices so this can't be really either)

@A.Socha

On 7/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, MaikiMaik said:

Alexa cannot process commands to roller shutter groups anymore (e.g. "Alexa, set blinds in groupABC to 80"). I always receive the answer "groupABC does not support that".

I have the exact same observation and problem… and it’s driving me nuts as Alexa therefore only supports full open or full close shutters per group. 

I want to close shutters to eg 80% per Group. Same as OP I only have shutters in Alexa Group and it used to work just fine. 

any advice?

• Like 1