Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Blind relay false trigger

sarf77

Question

I have many Shutter relays in a home for client. 

All of a sudden a few weeks back, a blind relay is now being triggered by a pushbutton nowhere near it that controls an rgbw module via a dumb 240V relay switching the 24V input. 

The REALLY strange part is that the shutter relay only gets triggered when the button is pushed but not when operated through the app. 

Any ideas? 

Is there any way we can monitor the wave traffic on the gateway to see what command its receiving and from where? 

7 answers to this question

Z Wave.Me Zway controller build on raspberry Pi and razberry shield has a sniffer function which allows to see z-wave traffic in the network. It used to be called Z-wave CIT but z-wave alliance stopped developing of the tool and Z Wave.me took it over. Take a look there.

@sarf77

I understood that you control by means of an association or a scene via the inputs of the RGBW module.
It may be an induced voltage that is "induced" during installation near the relay. The RGBW input may have sufficient sensitivity to evaluate the closed state.
Try disabling the relay and temporarily replacing its contact with a switch.

Hi @sarf77,

Check the 240V wires of the relais.

Can you switch the relais by manual. So withou applyng the 240V??

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the responses so far guys.

the rgbw module operates perfectly under its own functions.

the blind relay operates perfectly with its own pushbutton. 

I can find no scene or association in the system that could cause them to operate together. 

There is no electrical connection between the two devices and they are on separate floors in the home at opposite ends of the house. 

Ive tried reconfiguring the blind relay remotely but no lluck. The ID has changed but it's still responding. 

the client site is a long way from me so Im working remotely at this stage also due to Covid risk. 

If your RGBW triggers a (random) other module, it is a known issue it's called "phantom menace" jokingly but it isn't very funny at all when you have it...

Make sure to update the RGBW to 2.7 aka 27.27 which disables associations, then check Parameter 49 Associations
    "This parameter allows to disable sending associations to other devices."

Default: "Do not send associations"

It's discussed here and you'll also find a scene to "scrub" rogue associations.

• Inquirer
  • Peter... 

again... mate THANKYOU.... 

Hey check your messages also please. I sent you something just before 

I will jump straight onto your solution tomorrow. 

• Inquirer
  • Peter, 

Again I thank you. I implemented your advice remotely this morning for my clients house with the ghost association issue on rgbw. I followed your steps and it appears to have resolved it. 

Thanks so much mate. You've saved me a real headache. 

Regards

Sean