Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

use a siren for two alarms

Guest Hehe

Question

Guest Hehe

Hi everyone, in my new home I will have two alarms, one with the perimeter and volumetric sensors of the paradox and the other for the doors and windows of the fibaro. since the sensor on the door is not directly connected to the alarm, I wanted to know if it was possible to use the smart implant as a button to activate the siren in case the fibaro alarm was not disarmed and the same for the paradox alarm. would it be better to do this or put two sirens? good day everyone ?

10 answers to this question

I should not mix both systems and keep it seperate.

//Sjakie

@Hehe @Hehe

So I'll sum it up. If you are serious about securing your house, you need to solve the "higher" demands on the system, it is necessary from the point of view of the insurance company, keep ALL the sensors in a certified security system!

If you do not need to solve it "correctly", but a combination of two systems is enough, there is a way to run it.

Fibaro magnets on windows and doors can be used for both automation and security, without the need for protocol communication between systems.

1. Assign one security subsystem to the magnets on the windows and doors.

2. You will use SmartImplant 1 relay to signal open windows (condition that anything is open by closing relay1)
SmartImplant 2nd relay assigns the action Doors open (condition if the door on the access route is open)

3. This will give you various information in the alarm system.
In the alarm system (central), then connect the input of zone 1 via relay 1 to Com and another zone 2 via relay 2 to Com.
Pay attention to the correct balancing of the resistance (for Paradox it is 1Kohm).
Set the immediate response to zone 1 (windows). On zone 2 (door - access road) set the reaction as delayed.

Attention. For this to work properly, the relay outputs of the SmartImplant must be set to NC.

4. And I have already outlined the transfer of the event in another thread of the forum.
In principle, if you want to make feedback from the state of the security system, simply program actions such as "alarm anywhere" and "locked" (variants: anything / specific subsystem / everything).
You set these actions on the PGM outputs from the alarm system and you will detect them on the SmartImplant inputs.

eM.

Edited by Martin_N
Edit point 4: will detect them on the SmartImplant INPUTS... Sorry

Guest Hehe
  • Inquirer
  • Ok @Martin_N

I need the fibaro door-window sensors only for scenes.

is it better if I use sensors only for alarm and fibaro sensors only for home automation?

@Hehe

This is a question of preference that you have to answer for yourself.
    A) Higher security requirements (personal requirements or insurance companies)? = all sensors in a certified alarm system and, if necessary, integrate it into automation!
    B) Low security requirements
    (for your own sense of security)? = only Fibaro is enough, possibly a combination with your alarm system (cross integrate).

I have already described everything to you in a previous post. You have to decide for yourself.
    eM.

Guest Hehe
  • Inquirer
  • @Martin_N

the ideal would be to integrate the alarm into my home automation.

the alarm will be purchased and installed by a company or more (in Italy they are hesa and dias)

the alarm will be the paradox and the cemtraline will be evo192, I have read many methods to integrate it.

can you tell me which is the best and the most reliable?

I from HC need to know:

- the status of the alarm lines (they will be 2: internal and external, input)

- arming and disarming every single line (arm, stay, night, disarm), also through the scenes

- the status of each individual sensor / zone

It doesn't matter if I have two or more sensors on the door, I would like to be able to use two sensors for each door / window: one for the alarm and one for home automation, so as to use only the paradox alarm and no longer the fibaro one

@Hehe

Ways for integration is par.
    I will speak more generally, not peimo to Fibaro.

You will fully integrate as you wrote (status of each sensor, detector, system status), then I recommend integration at the protocol level - for Paradox it is the PRT3 module.
    On the automation side, you will read all system states (rs232, ASCII or C-BUS protocol).
    Then you don't need dual sensors on the windows and doors.

Another option is to sell general conditions at the contact level, as I wrote last time.
    I have no idea how big you will have it, but you can sell all sensors in such a quiet way, but it's expensive and space-consuming (you just have to fill another box somewhere and it must also have power ...).

If you want to control automation and air conditioning / heating in individual rooms, I understand your position. It is advisable to have a lock based on an open window.
    If you don't want these control algorithms, extra magnets for automation are useless!

By the way, there are so-called MAR (for building HVAC) contacts, which have one pair of contacts for connection to the alarm system and one to the HVAC.
    This then solves the need to move the state of windows between systems.

Otherwise, I recommend leaving the installation of magnetic contacts to the window / door manufacturer. As much as possible, tell them what type you want (I recommend recesses into new windows and doors).

Guest Hehe
  • Inquirer
  • @Martin_N

then,
    I knew that to integrate the paradox alarm the prt3 module was needed, I am a beginner in this sector, if you can send me a link with the guide to integrate the alarm in home automation through vd I would be very happy!
    yes, I also need sensors for air conditioning (Mitsubishi centralized system), if I could help in this too it would be a great help for me.
    so can I only use the alarm sensors for scenes too?
    house will be between 350/400 m².

@Hehe

I have not processed the protocol integration for Fibaro. Plus, I only have HC3, so I wouldn't do VD anyway.

Sorry, there is no integration wizard. It's all my know-how that clients pay for.
    Depending on the size of the house you have, you will have to comprehensively solve a lot of dependencies on heating, air conditioning, air conditioning, including recuperation. (HVAC) Contact experts in your area and have them solved (and earn).

Here is link for magnetic contact...

Please login or register to see this link.