Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

replacement FGK-101 doorsensor/temp sensor DS18B20WTP

Roy73

Question

Hello,

I'am recently trying to make a wireless temperature sensor for the swimming pool.

on the Forum I found examples with an old doorsensor FGK-101, but these sensors are EOL and not for sale.

does somebody know another way to attach a Fibaro Temperature sensor DS18B20WTP to HC2.

thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Hi @Roy73,

I had the same problem recently. I took an old FGK-101 for a trial to measure the pool temperature.
But at the end, it's very difficult to make it all waterproof.

It's probably not what you want to hear but I decided to go for the Fibaro Smart Implant and the DS18B20WTP.
But that means you need to have 12V or 24V power supply (be carefull, it need to be double isolated). So, I decided to do it good and future proof in order to avoid problems and draining batteries.

Install the power supply in the garden house. Have a cable to the pool. Install smart implant in water proof housing at the pool and install the temp probe.