Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What does device disabled do ?

xAPPO

Question

In the Advanced devices menu is 'device disabled' - what does it do..

should it stop that QA running ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have a couple of devices disabled but I still see log messages from them.

Trying to track down a CPU issue ... well I think its an issue as it seems high but stupidly I never looked at CPU before ..  Is around 75% avg per core right ? Hitting some 100% on several cores ?

(Events about once every 2 seconds from MQTT )

Update: Hmm.. Subscribing to and processing payloads from MQTT seems quite expensive CPU wise !! 

Edited by xAPPO
  • Thanks 1

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 24 minutes ago, 10der said:

@xAPPO did you read answer from @petergebruers about similar my question?! For example my node red MQTT broadcaster now eat only 45% cpu 

Yes I did - (although my main question is different) - he replied about the print/debug statements themselves causing events... I'm going to look at that approach although it seems the incoming MQTT subscribes are eating CPU and is what I'm focused on.  The parsing is very minimal.  Overall what is your MQTT incoming event rate ? Or is your usage mostly outgoing > NodeRED 

Edited by xAPPO

I sort of hoped one could disable a device or quickapp. But that doesn’t work. Onder the question mark is: The gateway will not communicate with disabled device

I thing Fibaro devs hope what 1st line in your QA wil be somthing like

if fibaro.getvaue disabled then

return

end

and the same in childs... maybe...

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • That requires  'support' from all developers when Fibaro could have implemented it at a higher level.  As a result it isn't in current QA's and understandably so.

I am wondering what merit there might be in a QA that runs code but is 'not communicated with' as compared with totally disabled.   Fibaro must assume that is a desirable option that can be overridden if preferred as in the post above..

Edited by xAPPO