Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Quick App in the download - section not working

Martin_N

@T.Konopka, @A.Socha, @K.Drozynski, 
What is the role of this section when nothing is allowed to be uploaded here? There are a lot of users who have above-standard knowledge and produce a lot of QA fqa files. I understand if it is part of the topic being discussed and someone has done a QA and will attach it in the forum as a solution to the issue. However, a lot of solutions are created directly like QA and then it turns out that they are differently fragmented on different topics (most often scenes).
I understand that Fibaro wants to fill its Marketplace, but this may be the interconnected place where creators can provide support to users for their products (QA).
In addition, other creators can use this section without having to produce in the Marketplace ...
Fibaro, please, what are your intentions with this section and other features to support QA. The idea of some kind of code-sharing repositories already arises here, but I don't think it should be a matter for users (programmers), but a matter for the manufacturer. After all, these people are trying to move your product forward. Take an example from them, perceive what they solve. Fibaro, please, what are your intentions with this section and other features to support QA. The idea of some kind of code-sharing repositories already arises here, but I don't think it should be a matter for users (programmers), but a matter for the manufacturer. After all, these people are trying to move your product forward. Take an example from them, perceive what problems they solve and what they want to achieve. After all, they do it for free for others, for you (and for you).
Thanks for the answers ..

Edit: Note - why the "Downloads" section is actually available, via import functions. But there is a "DOWNLOADS" section in the forum and it doesn't really lead anywhere. What is the idea of using different sections when they are not linked?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

eM.

Edited by Martin_N

• Topic Author
  • @K.Drozynsky

I don't think it works. When I uploaded icon graphics in the past, a post was automatically generated in the HOME / DOWNLOADS / Icons forum section.
    Today, about 15 minutes after your answer, SmartHomeEddy put his QA in the Downloads section (not in the forum) and I think it automatically made a post in the HOME / DOWNLOADS / Scenes forum section.
    Why? So did the system do it automatically, or did SmartHomeEddy do it wrong? Since there is more QA in this section and the QA section is empty ... something is wrong.

Edited by Martin_N
    Should I try it myself, or should you test it? I would not like to be another contributor to the forum (scenes) section when it is QA ... Thanks, eM.

4 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

and I think it automatically made a post in the HOME / DOWNLOADS / Scenes forum section.

(Yes, it did)

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

(Yes, it did)

thanks for confirming .. very quickly :)

I hope publishing some QuickApps encourages others to publish QuickApps.  

There already must be a lot of great QuickApps out there?

@K.Drozynsky, I would expected when one uploads a QuickApp and automatically a forum item is generated, the item would be in the QuickApp section 

Please login or register to see this link.

and not in the Scene section:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Topic Author
  • @K.Drozynsky

I guess I asked the wrong question.
    When someone posts a QuickApp to the Marketplace, does a user support thread be created there? Or does QA have to be duplicated in the Download section to create a thread here?
    I've been looking for who and who has VD or QA on the Marketplace, has threads based differently on the forum, which seems to be quite fragmented and unsystematic.
    eM.

@K.Drozynsky @A.Socha

OK now we have a working download section ( but still no idea what‘s the role of the Marketplace) but nobody is moderating the download section?

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• 2 weeks later...

@SmartHomeEddy for me marketplace is mandatory part. We will provide integration HC3 with marketplace, we will offer update and security by marketplace