Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

co sensor value always 0

akatar

Question

My co sensor value is always 0, is this correct of is the a faulty device?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

19 answers to this question

I hope it is correct (unless you have had a CO alarm)

My CO sensor has the same 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddy I hope you are right, but i don't think always 0 is correct

But with a little bit of luck, fibaro will join this thread and maybe confirm this.

Edited by akatar

8 minutes ago, akatar said:

I hope you are right, but i don't think always 0 is correct

Have two different brands of CO sensor. The Fibaro and the "Popp&Co"sensor.

The Fibaro says also 0 CO, the Popp gives not breached.

• Inquirer
  • @Flash @Flash

copy/paste website:

Average levels in homes without gas stoves vary from 0.5 to 5 parts per million (ppm). Levels near properly adjusted gas stoves are often 5 to 15 ppm and those near poorly adjusted stoves may be 30 ppm or higher

Hi @akatar,

I had read some of these value's in the past. No gas stove in my house for at least 20 years.

The two CO sensor's are installed in the basement near my central heating boiler. Closed burner no open fire.

But you're posting did realize that I was looking for a way of testing. (Co testgas spray). Due to other thing it shifted to lower priority.

Also looking for a good and reliable CO2 sensor. Maybe the MCO CO2 sensor.

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

Also looking for a good and reliable CO2 sensor. Maybe the MCO CO2 sensor.

(I have the MCO MH9 CO2 sensor, works fine)

3 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Thank you for youre feedback.

Is it fully supported in the HC3??

But we're getting of topic.

Sorry.

Edited by Flash

Just now, Flash said:

Is it fully supported in the HC3??

No, I had to add the parameters myself, but that is no issue. 

• Thanks 1

Just tried my two sensor with a smoldering piece of wood.

Seems two work in a kinda of way.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

Hi @SmartHomeEddy

I see that you have the  MCO MH9, and it works fine. I also see that it measure temperature, RH and VOC. Can these values also be read by the controler(HC3/HC2) through the z-wave?

@tnesheim Yes, these values are available on the HC3. But VOC only as gas detector (active / inactive), not the value (lines) as you can see on the MCO MH9 screen. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_10/image.png.13833a5d3d857a47a4667aefb8638922.png" />

• Like 1

I am trying to add a popp carbon monxide sensor to the hc3, it has added the sensor but the readings are always 0 for MOL/M3 i put it under my car which triggered the alarm but on the hc3 it didnt show anything and the CO sensor is always showing as unbreached, does nay one know how to add arameters maybe to get it show a change?

I have CO sensor installed in my garage near gas boiler. I had once alarm 2 years ago when CO was measured above 50ppm and I had one spike of 32ppm last year. I believe these where triggered by car exhaust gas that was left running a bit longer than usual even garage door was opened.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

The other one that is placed in our kitchen near gas cooking plate until now was never triggered and show steady 0ppm.

Since Fibaro CO sensor CO level minimum reporting hysteresis setting is 10ppm and CO normal level is between 0.5 and 5ppm and between 5 and 15ppm near properly adjusted gas stoves it is expected that sensor shows flat line of 0ppm.

Also both my CO sensors are setup to visually and audibly report if they lost connection to HC2 which they did when my HC2 was down, so I trust them working OK and I'm happy that there are no alarms :-)

Hi @Jay Ess,

Check the association groups and also parameter settings. Manual is provided here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi @Sankotronic,

The association group is set to the hc3, but there are no paramters at all, it seems like fibaro have not added it to hc3, do you know what paramters i need to add?

Hi @Jay Ess,

It is possible to add parameters manually at least I know that for HC2, but I believe it should also be possible on HC3.

Regarding associations, Group 1 should be used only for association to HC3, and according to manual association group 2 is used to make association with other devices, maximum up to 10 devices can be controlled directly when alarm is triggered. For that you will have to add parameters which define what command will be broadcasted in case of alarm.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

but I believe it should also be possible on HC3.

Yes, to enter parameters manually, based on the official documentation of your device, simple de-select "Use template for parameters" in the "parameters" tap on the device configuration page. Like you do on a HC2

what parameters should i add to be abl to get some readings back of the co levels? have had a look at the link but cant really understand what i should be adding

1 hour ago, Jay Ess said:

what parameters should i add to be abl to get some readings back of the co levels?

I googled "Popp CO" sensor for you and came to the conclusion that it is a "Z-Wave Plus" device. That means, the only required association is "controller" in "group 1" aka "lifeline".  I don't own that device so I cannot test that for you. So I conform what was already said:

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Regarding associations, Group 1 should be used only for association to HC3, and according to manual association group 2 is used to make association with other devices, maximum up to 10 devices can be controlled directly when alarm is triggered. For that you will have to add parameters which define what command will be broadcasted in case of alarm.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, petergebruers said:

That means, the only required association is "controller" in "group 1" aka "lifeline"

Just my findings

I got a Popp CO Sensor, I can select select "source endpoint" , but "select group" is grayed out.

So I can not create a "LifeLine" association.