Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Quick App - iEAST HC3 Lite Player

Martin_N

Question

Hello everyone,..

I am pleased to announce that the first version of QA for controlling the iEAST streamer has already been published. It's the Lite version.

You can download it here on the Marketplace: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Current version: Lite 1.0.0
Date of publication: 7/08/2020

Last update: 17/08/2020

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_08/image.png.4e9381cbe27e2d7f443f027c8ee1a152.png" />

FUNCTIONS
The functions of this Quick App are:

Allowing to control iEAST Player from Home Center 3.

You can control one device.

It does support basic and advanced functions:

• Basic Control
    • Chose the device preset (radio station/stream) – if your device supported this
    • Initiate playback
    • Button for Playback, Stop, Prvevious and Next track
    • Toggle button, Pause/Playback
    • Button for MUTE (unMUTEd will be when set some volume)
  • Basic Rendering Control
    • Get player volume and mute state
    • Set player volume to a specific level and unmute the player if muted
    • Increase or decrease player volume
    • Get or Set or Toggle player mute state (Mute or unmute the player)
    • Get or Set or Toggle player loudness state
  • Basic Rendering States
    • Get URL stream from device
    • Get Title and Artist from device
    • Get Play status – play/stop/pause/mute
    • Get Volume level
    • Show the QA status
  •  QA Properties
    • Enable QA Debug Mode

RELEASE NOTES - changelog

Version 1.0.0

• For HC3 v5.031
  • Support standard capabilities (PlayerControl, PlayerStatus)
  • Displaying information on the currently playing (with some exceptions)
  • Fully controllable from the LUA scenarios (see available command list)
  • Directly controll the one of three devices

For the future

• Support for select LineIN play mode
  • Support fot Equaliser
  • Toggle for STOP/PLAY
  • MASTER / slave multiroom control support (in the Enhanced version)

For more information, visit the Marketplace page: 

Please login or register to see this link.

The description is part of the package.

In case of questions, please write :)

eM.

EDIT 20200918: For debug some communication problem, pleas visit this post:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by Martin_N
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @Abram

Hi,
    as I promised, I made a DEBUG version to help us figure out what's going on with your streamer.
    Install this QA, change your IP address. Let it run until you reveal in the log Operation canceled or another.
    Then give me a log.
    Alternatively, you can change DebugMode to 2. Then the log will be full of debug information and a 5s refresh will take place at the same time. DebugMode 1 is without automatic refresh.

The thing works is that if a communication problem is detected, it will add + 500ms at each step until it receives the correct answers.
    We are interested in "HTTPCTT" items in the log

Otherwise to the set Timeout interval for HTTP responses. In QA I have set 3000ms (internally). If the device (streamer) is local, there should be no problem. As part of testing the DEBUG version, I got to 190ms without any problems.

Be sure to add the information I wanted in previous posts. It will help other people if they come across something like this.
    Thanks, eM.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Question from the another topic

@Abram

On 9/9/2020 at 12:21 AM, Abram said:

Hello, I've just discovered another problem. After nearly two weeks of using your QuickApp, after some restarts of ieast device HC3 started to give some error about fcPlayerStates. [09.09.2020] [00:04:34] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled". That prompt is happening only when player status is STOP. When status is PAUSE then it work properly. 

Bart

Response fcPlayerStates error: "Operation canceled" comes up, for example, when the response from the device takes more than 3s.
    Normally, the answer should come almost immediately. I would look for a problem on the network. Do you have iEast connected via Wi-Fi?
    In the case of STOP during iEast playback, the device sometimes "discards" the information of the stream being played and therefore some information cannot be retrieved.
    That's why I have a Stop / Eject symbol next to the button.

Please set the DebugMode variable to 1. Then press the FCx1 and FCX3-Debug keys. Insert a log listing here. Next, insert the QA image.

Edited by Martin_N
    Do you use QA from the web interface or from the application? Are you using a local or remote connection?

W dniu 10.09.2020 o 20:15, Martin_N napisał:

Question from the another topic

@Abram

Response fcPlayerStates error: "Operation canceled" comes up, for example, when the response from the device takes more than 3s.
    Normally, the answer should come almost immediately. I would look for a problem on the network. Do you have iEast connected via Wi-Fi?
    In the case of STOP during iEast playback, the device sometimes "discards" the information of the stream being played and therefore some information cannot be retrieved.
    That's why I have a Stop / Eject symbol next to the button.

Please set the DebugMode variable to 1. Then press the FCx1 and FCX3-Debug keys. Insert a log listing here. Next, insert the QA image.

• Inquirer
  • @Abram

Please ping the streamer.
    Please use the command: ping 192.168.86.29 -l 1500 -t
    You also didn't answer my transmission questions.

The image should be the current screenshot (QA only) in case an error occurs.

I have a few more questions.
    Because it is unusual for an error to occur randomly in the order of seconds to several minutes. I have to ask. Do you know what happens at night? Do you know the condition of the streamer? What does QA show? I would be interested in pinging from this period.
    What is your HC3 load?
    Last question - from what source did you play music at 11:35? I do not have PlayerMode: 31 documented in the API, it would help in the future.

In the meantime, I'll try to make a DEBUG version to find out more.

Thanks, eM.

Hello,

first thank you very much for this quick app.

i have a trouble at mine.

i allways get the responsae status 200:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_09/image.png.d1661926a564da765591b999d4dd10b1.png" />

and it doesn't work.

do you have an idea what could that do? the ip adresse is correct. when i do it directly in my browser it work.

best regards

lionel

• Inquirer
  • @idomotique

Hi,
    the wording "it doesn't work" is quite unfortunate.
    What works from the web? Please divorce.
    According to your log, I don't see any action taken.

Recall a preset, pause, play, volume and then post the log.
    It is assumed that you have presets stored in the device using the iEast application.

eM.

W dniu 16.09.2020 o 02:08, Martin_N napisał:

@Abram

Hi,
    as I promised, I made a DEBUG version to help us figure out what's going on with your streamer.
    Install this QA, change your IP address. Let it run until you reveal in the log Operation canceled or another.
    Then give me a log.
    Alternatively, you can change DebugMode to 2. Then the log will be full of debug information and a 5s refresh will take place at the same time. DebugMode 1 is without automatic refresh.

The thing works is that if a communication problem is detected, it will add + 500ms at each step until it receives the correct answers.
    We are interested in "HTTPCTT" items in the log

Otherwise to the set Timeout interval for HTTP responses. In QA I have set 3000ms (internally). If the device (streamer) is local, there should be no problem. As part of testing the DEBUG version, I got to 190ms without any problems.

Be sure to add the information I wanted in previous posts. It will help other people if they come across something like this.
    Thanks, eM.

There are logs. I used that first player but i saw that your DEBUG player sometimes also prompted "Operation Canceled". 

• Inquirer
  • @Abram

Hi,

I am missing the UiEvent flag for the Stop command.
    Does this mean that you are using the scene to stop playback?

When I see your log file, I think of a communication failure with your network. Irregularity suggests this. In the Debug version (your QA498), it extends the HTTPclient interval by 500ms for each failure. This gradually extends the timeout for further and further response (lines "fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to XXXX").
    When I look at the log, there are bigger gaps in times than time + XXXX.

[21.09.2020] [18:21:59] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 4000
    [21.09.2020] [18:59:40] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 4500
    [21.09.2020] [19:03:06] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 5000
    [21.09.2020] [19:05:01] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 5500
    [21.09.2020] [19:31:22] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 6000
    [21.09.2020] [19:47:33] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 6500
    [21.09.2020] [19:58:49] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 7000
    [21.09.2020] [20:02:44] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 7500
    [21.09.2020] [20:22:15] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 8000
    [21.09.2020] [22:39:47] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 8500
    [21.09.2020] [22:50:08] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP498]: fcERR2-error: Operation canceled, changed HTTPClientTT to 9000

The same can be seen with the QA495

[21.09.2020] [17:47:33] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"
    [21.09.2020] [17:50:58] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"
    [21.09.2020] [18:14:49] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"
    [21.09.2020] [18:15:34] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"
    [21.09.2020] [18:17:34] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"
    [21.09.2020] [18:21:59] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP495]: error fcPlayerStates: "Operation canceled"

Maybe I'll explain. When the communication is OK, no entry will be written to the log. Only error messages are written. Alternatively, events that are the result of a conscious action of the user (buttons, volume, ... even called through scenes).

I failed to simulate the problem. Hard to deduce anything and provide support, if you do not answer my questions, if do not perform the recommended tests ... You have modified the original application (and not resolved some things there). In addition, you have running multiple QAs simultaneously with a call to one target.
    Disable your modified application (QA495) and test only with the DEBUG version I provided. Then answer the questions, perform all the tests. I'm willing to help.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • @Abram
    Hi,
    I made another attempt.
    I let your modified application run from midnight until now (about 17 hours). She was in a STOP state all the time. Now I just pressed the button with the first preset. You can see the result in the picture.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

As I said, so far I have not been able to simulate the same behavior other than by "disabling" communication with unreasonably small timeouts or turning off / restarting the iEast streamer.
    It can be a modification of the program in the sense that: if I get "operation canceled", I can try to increase the timeout value and if I do it 10 times, I will shut down the application or abort attempts at automatic reload.
    But I think the cause, not the effect, needs to be addressed.

You may also have a shutdown in the middle of playback and you won't know why. This will then be necessary because the streamer has cached (will play), but will have communication problems in the background and QA will shut down.

eM.

• Inquirer
  • @Abram and all other

Hello,
    I had an interesting experience last night. I had an internet radio on. Coincidentally, I also had the HC3 with the console running. In it, I noticed that the radio had "jams". At the same time, I started timeout increments in Debug mode. I quickly started pinging and at the same moment it reached me 90-160ms. Unfortunately, after a while everything was normal, so I didn't track much.
    Conclusion: I think there may be a problem on the network (connection between HC3 - iEast).
    I checked that it is not affected by the internet connection.
    Let this information be useful to you.
    eM.