Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Moved house, new router, static IP, no internet access

Lowdens

Hello,

I bought a HC2 approx 6 months ago in preparation for a new house build in which I have wired in a lot of Fibaro light switches.

I set the unit up at my previous house to test, wired up a singe light and everything worked fine.  At this point I also set up a static IP.

I then boxed up the HC2 whilst I waited for the build to finish.

Fast forward 6 months and I am ready to install at the new house.  New router.  When i power up I only get the first 2 lights (power and LAN and no internet)  Fibaro finder gives me an IP address that will not connect, so I cannot access the interface.

From reading the forum I think the issue is with the static IP.  Tried re-booting several times, no joy. 

Any suggestions on how I can get back into my HC2?  I cannot remember the IP address I was using before and I no longer have the previous router.

Because I only ever connected 1 switch, I am happy to restore the HC2 back to factory and start again - but I'm not sure how to do this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi, if your IP =  192.168.81.1 you need to connect your cumputer with ethernet cable to HC2.

Set IP computer on same IP range and connect.

Now you can change IP of your HC2 

Good luck,

//Sjakie

48 minutes ago, Lowdens said:

Hello,

I bought a HC2 approx 6 months ago in preparation for a new house build in which I have wired in a lot of Fibaro light switches.

I set the unit up at my previous house to test, wired up a singe light and everything worked fine.  At this point I also set up a static IP.

I then boxed up the HC2 whilst I waited for the build to finish.

Fast forward 6 months and I am ready to install at the new house.  New router.  When i power up I only get the first 2 lights (power and LAN and no internet)  Fibaro finder gives me an IP address that will not connect, so I cannot access the interface.

From reading the forum I think the issue is with the static IP.  Tried re-booting several times, no joy. 

Any suggestions on how I can get back into my HC2?  I cannot remember the IP address I was using before and I no longer have the previous router.

Because I only ever connected 1 switch, I am happy to restore the HC2 back to factory and start again - but I'm not sure how to do this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Press the + button for a second or two, to put it back in dhcp....

8 hours ago, Comfortica said:

Press the + button for a second or two, to put it back in dhcp....

Actually I think pressing the + button puts it back to 102.168.81.1. Then connect your PC directly to the fibaro, per @sjakie, where you should be able to login and change the ip settings to whatever you need.

No need to factory reset. ?

4 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Actually I think pressing the + button puts it back to 102.168.81.1. Then connect your PC directly to the fibaro, per @sjakie, where you should be able to login and change the ip settings to whatever you need.

No need to factory reset. ?

It switches to dhcp or static.... And back :)

• Thanks 1

Step-by-step guide   

Physical change   

Press and hold the “+” button on the Home Center casing:

• If diode on the Home Center is flashing fast, it means that static IP is set (192.168.81.1 by default).
  • If diode on the Home Center is flashing slowly, it means that dynamic IP (DHCP) is set.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I learnt something. When I once accidentally set my HC2 to fixed IP, it took me ages to fix. I could have just pressed the + button again!