Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Cloud backup

jguellec

Question

Hello everyone,

Quick, simple, question here ! Does anyone knows what happen when you reach the 50MB of Cloud storage ?

I have an automatic backup task, I'm wondering what will happen when my quota will be completed. Does it automatically delete the oldest backups ? 

Have a great day !

8 answers to this question

Backup fails when cloud storage becomes full. Better to use local backup which automatically deletes the oldest once. After I upgraded to HC3 the cloud storage was reduced to 50BM also, and since my backups are over 20MB each, it's not worth much.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @Jpf, that's what I'm doing. Indeed, much better and I can keep track of the backups on my Synology. 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, jguellec said:

Thanks @Jpf, that's what I'm doing. Indeed, much better and I can keep track of the backups on my Synology. 

Would you be able to share how you keep your backups on your synology please?

• Inquirer
  • On 3/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, Jay Ess said:

Would you be able to share how you keep your backups on your synology please?

Yes, sure.

I'm using a bash script that triggers the backup. The script is launched from a scheduled task (CRON job) on the Synology. You'll find the script on a french forum, here : 

Please login or register to see this link.

Let me know if you need help with translation :)

@jguellec thank you for the link, I can't get the script from the site as it tells me it is not availble, can you tell me where I can find it please?

Am working through the page with basic french and google translate and think i get the gist of it, and with the script am hoping should have a better idea what it does. thank you

• Inquirer
  • @Jay Ess sure, script attached to this post. Let me know if you need some help. Basically, you just have to edit few variables at the top, then create a basic scheduled task on your Synology and you should be good to go. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jguellec

@jguellec thank you for the script :-)

what does the variable HC3_VARIABLE_NAME do?

also if i want to test this without triggering the backu but to fetch the last backup done and move that to the synology how would i do that please?

• Inquirer
  • HC3_VARIABLE-NAME is a global variable you need to set up in your HC3 that will be checked by the script to start the backup or not.

The backup will start only if the variable exists and is not empty.

For your second question, I have no idea :) I'm just a basic user of this script ))