Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 used to work - not anymore

PederAas

Question

Hi, 

I'm new to this and now I'm quite confused. I have multiple fibaro dimmer 2's working in my house, all installed at the same time and using the same method. 4/4 have been working correctly, until one suddenly stopped working. It said it could not connect to the network, but showed under "my devices".

I force-removed it from my devices (Samsung Smartthings) and then tried to do a reset of the device, accordingly to what  Fibaro recommends. But when trying to add it back into Smartthings, the dimmer does not respond as expected. When I press the dimmer three times rapidly, nothing happens. No LED-indicator, nothing. But if I press and hold, I enter the "menu" of the Dimmer. Therefore I'm quite confused; what am I doing wrong? 

Best, 

Peder

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PederAas said:

I force-removed it from my devices

Did you also do a normal exclusion procedure.

Yo can always do an exclusion even if the device is not connected anymore to the controller.

This will reset and clean leftovers from the force eclusion.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your reply :)

I tried to do a normal exclusion by 3-clicking the B-button, but it did not respond to this either. How do you suggest I do this now, as the device is no longer visible in my Smartthings-app?

4 hours ago, PederAas said:

I tried to do a normal exclusion by 3-clicking the B-button, but it did not respond to this either.

Did you do this with the device in the vicinity of the gateway?

If not I would give it a try.

Otherwise I'm over my head either. Possible the device is broken anyway.

@petergebruers is right I forgot,you need a load for the dimmer.

Edited by Flash

• Inquirer
  • Yes, the Dimmer 2 is connected to a light bulb. It is a single lamp, with what I'm guessing is a LED light bulb, will this be sufficient load? 

• Inquirer
  • And to specify; it has been working for >6 months without changes to the load, until it suddenly has not been responding for over a month. 

4 hours ago, PederAas said:

And to specify; it has been working for >6 months without changes to the load,

If you're other dimmers working flawlessly, I would try to exchange it under warranty