Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alexa does not discover any Fibaro devices

Kamala Villa

Question

Since a few days the Alexa app does not discover any of the Fibaro devices. I removed all devices and disabled and re-enabled the skill linking to my Fibaro ID but still the devices are not getting discovered

check your settings for integration in home.fibaro.com

Hi, I have a similar issue to this, everything was working great until my ISP decided to upgrade the firmware in my router without telling me! After rebooting the network everything is working fine. The only issue is Alexa is not 'controlling' either via voice or smart device (Echo Show) any Fibaro device. Instead in the Alexa portal I see device unresponsive. I have tried unlinking and relinking, but this has not made any difference.  I cannot see anything in the Fibaro dashboard to enable Fibaro for Alexa but not A.Socha comment check 'settings for integration in home.fibaro.com' Please can you be more specific and enlighten me, I am using an HC3? Everything had been working well till this happened. 

First check is your HC3 got connection with our servers

Go to hoem.fibaro.com and check is gateway is "online"

if you are there please check is integration is active on that HC3

Unlink and delete all fibaro devices from amazon app

Link and do discover after 40s you schould saw device in Amazon

if that will not work please contact with our support we will check logs what is the reason why it is not working

Apologies for the delay in replying only just been able to get time to carry out your suggestions!

My HC3 does have a connection to your servers.

The Gateway (HC3) is online

** Not sure what you mean by checking integration is active on the HC3 ** Where abouts and do you mean Fibaro integration?

I unlinked all my Fibaro Skill and then removed all my Fibaro devices in the Alexa app.

I then re-linked the Fibaro app in Alexa app and then asked Alexa to discover devices.

Alexa has not discovered any of my Fibaro devices. 

So I need to contact support? 

2 godziny temu, Grizzly napisał:

Apologies for the delay in replying only just been able to get time to carry out your suggestions!

My HC3 does have a connection to your servers.

The Gateway (HC3) is online

** Not sure what you mean by checking integration is active on the HC3 ** Where abouts and do you mean Fibaro integration?

I unlinked all my Fibaro Skill and then removed all my Fibaro devices in the Alexa app.

I then re-linked the Fibaro app in Alexa app and then asked Alexa to discover devices.

Alexa has not discovered any of my Fibaro devices. 

So I need to contact support? 

go to home.fibaro.com

login using your Fibaro ID

on list you will see your HC3 with information is it online or oflline

you will see status of integration there

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi, Yes, I did go to this screen (I normally always log on to my HC3 using ip address and admin password). However, logging on with my username and password takes me to the screen as in your screen shot.

I can see integrations are active.

Is this something for support? anything else I could try?

Hello everyone. It also happened to me for 3/4 days that Fibaro did not speak to ALEXA. I thought it was a consequence after installing Google Home. Today, however, I tried to revert to a previous firmware version 4.540 and everything worked again. The strange thing is that the problem was given after 10 days and not immediately.
I had the same problem with Google Home.

Edited by alsazio1

Good evening
I wanted to join the chat to say that both alexa and google cannot find my account, tonight using the fibaro ID from pc does not connect (error 403) also the android application shows me my hc2 but I cannot see anything .

Hi,

Same here: cannot get any Fibaro device listed on my Alexa setup nowadays.

I had the devices listed a few months ago, and have been able to turn on / off some Fibaro devices through Alexa.  A few days ago, I added a new device to my HC2.  I've been trying to get it listed on Alexa since - with no luck.  At some point, I deleted all the devices listed on my Alexa account, and haven't been able to get a single device listed since.

Could you please check the logs on your side, and let me know how to get it working?

TIA

---

David

PS: got another issue, don't know if it's related.  Home Center apps doesn't appear on my iPhone Shortcuts app.

Hi,

Same here: All my devices were not connected anymore in Alexa but working fine in Fibaro app and admin.

I had the devices listed for few months, and have been able to turn on / off Fibaro devices through Alexa.  
A few days ago, all devices were not reachable. I removed the skill, added it back, without success, still unreachable. I removed all devices and now when discovering devices it don't see any new devices...

Could you please check and let me know how to get it working?

Bruno

I'm also having troubles with Alexa and Fibaro Home Center 2. The blinds stopped responding to percentage values. They only respond to "open" or "close" blind. And the curious part is that before they weren't responsive to that command. To open the blind I always had to say: "blind x to 100%". Now, the percentage is not accepted.

Also I installed a new fibaro dimmer 2 today, and the device was not added automatically in the alexa device list as it was a few months ago. I'm afraid of reinstalling the skill after I read the comments here that, after reinstalling, any devices were found!

I hope this some temporary bug that could be fixed by them Fibaro Team or by the Skill programmer ASAP...

Edited by Pietrusboy

I'have installed alexa at home but no way to find Fibaro HC2 devices wit 4.6 release.

All my devices were not discovered, I tried many times without success, also tested all things listed below, but nothing.

That is frustrating, I hope in a quick solution by Fibaro Skill developers

Hi everyone! I've been facing the same issue in Brazil. I know it's not ideal, but the following worked for me:

Created a new Amazon account

Added a new user on home.fibaro.com with the same email for that Amazon account

Logged into Alexa app with this new user

Enabled Fibaro Skills for that user

All devices found!

Hope it helps, even if it's a temporary solution.

Same issue with me after migrating from HCL to HC3. Previously when using HCL I could control all devices and scenes via Alexa. Since migrating my controller to HC3 (and set that to have integrations active) Alexa will only discover things that have been added via the HC3 and can not identify anything that was previously existing in my HCL, even though these are identified and functional in my HC3 after migration. 

Once registered with Alexa seems they cannot be re-registered through the migration unless completely deleted 1and re-added using the HC3 controller... which when you have 100+ devices and lots of scenes is a real pain !!

@fibaro support; is there a fix coming in the short term - next release??? too optimistic?

Sounds weird AU, I suppose you have tried to rediscover devices using "Alexa discover devices" phrase or directly in your Amazon account? 

After Update 4.610 Alexa says that no device je responding.

Deleted the Skill and set up new...still the same.

New Home Center App has connection but refuses login (old App still works), also.

UPDATE - please, see here:

Edited by Orgli

Is this problem resolved?  I'm having trouble that after I added new devices, some time it took month to update on my Alexa device list.

Newbie here, but I was having the same problem the day I set up.  I ended up disabling remote access on my HCL then reenabling remote access and running "Discover Devices" on Alexa to get my switches to connect. 

Hello, 

I have the same problem. Alexa did working very well for like 2 years, then it stoped. I deleted all devices in the alexa app, tried to rediscover and since that time it cannot see any of my fibaro devices. I have checked fibaro is online and active. I even tried with a new amazon account, but alexa cannot discover my fibaro items. what to do?

Edited by Danro