Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

A little help please :)

Mihai Sav

Question

Hi guy's, i am new in Fibaro devices and also in LUA programming.

So we established that i am a newbie.... my problem is i don't know how to add a virtual device in Home Center 3 (HC3) so i can somehow link it to node-red.

Why? i would like to have confirmations on the phone or in Google home assistant (voice preferred) or for instance i want to send a command to google assistant like "turn on heater" because the heater is smart but not  connectable with HC3

Can someone give me a hint ?  please !?

Thanks in advance for  helping me, i tried to find answers on the forum or on tutorials but probably i am to new to this because i found nothing.

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • nevermind....... node-red is not a reliable solution so...... LUA here i come......... , just one question i have, do you know a good youtube "how to" or any other type training training in learning LUA? 

Start with the manuals:

Lua and Fibaro

Please login or register to see this link.

QuickApps

Please login or register to see this link.

And save some Scenes and QuickApps, don’t delete them, just erase the content and re-use them. Try to build something with examples from the manuals, but also from this forum. 

• Inquirer
  • i am lucky because i think the Fibaro operating system is linux based, i didn't finish "home-center-3-lua-scenes" but i am almost over..... and until now i am a little disappointed because i see some limitations, some useful commands are inexistent, some mistakes in the tutorial.... ,But i have another question, is there a way to modify/upgrade the firmware(safely) ?

edit: what safely means? if/when i fk up the firmware, can i put the box in recovery mode and reinstall the original firmware ?

Edited by Mihai Sav

I am glad the Homecenters works. No modifying the firmware for me. Many backups and when there is new firmware, fingers crossed. 

• Inquirer
  • Works for me too, but....... i am sure this hardware can do much more , for instance he should be able to push notification or  some announcement's to google because will enlarge the possibilities of a smart home and eliminate any other external sources like node-red and communicate directly.  I understand is not easy to develop a simple "block scene" interface for normal user that can do everything, but we should have more options in LUA for intercommunication between Fibaro HC3 and other types of devices...... and the simplest way i think is to have communication in both direction with Alexa and Google assistant in my case ..... :)