Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug iOS 14 issues?

DeJaPa

Hi there, ever since IOS14 came out I’m having issues with my wall plugs. It reads not responding.

On an older Apple device (iOS 12.4.8) the plugs still work alright.

anyone else who’s experiencing the same issues?

• Topic Author
  • Resetting doesn’t work either.

deleting and re adding to HomeKit yields in a failure.

right now 3 out of 4 plugs are totally useless to me...

also pretty disappointed in the lack of replies. ?

Edited by DeJaPa

the next time ggl about issues with specific ios update before you install it

2 hours ago, DeJaPa said:

also pretty disappointed in the lack of replies. ?

and why don't you ggld for ios 14 hk issues before you updated? now you might ask apple for help, it's their ios, hk belongs to apple as well, that means ANY hk certified device must work on ios14 - if not, apple did something wrong.

• Topic Author
  • Because there will always be someone who is the first to experience these issues. Googling specifically for Fibaro issues with iOS 14 yields lackluster results. So no info there. That’s why I took to these forums in the first place.

Also, the last time fibaro has updated the fibaro for HomeKit app is 11 months ago. With the release of iOS 13. So I really think it has to do more so with that than anything else.

But sure, I will bring someone at Apple up-to-date about this. Since they sell fibaro’s plugs in the Apple stores physically. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to sell products that no longer work with their latest iOS.

Lastly, iOS 14 has been out for app developers for quite some time. Giving them the space and time to check and adapt their apps and products to work with iOS 14. I would expect as a consumer that when it releases for the mainstream apps and products in general would be updated accordingly. Especially with wall plugs from this category. I think I’ll be switching out to the IKEA ones, since those seemed to have survived the update flawlessly. And at least come with a remote to be able to do it the ‘old fashioned’ way.

Other than that, thank you for your reply @tinman. But no offense, been there, done that and bought a t-shirt. As they say...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DeJaPa said:

But sure, I will bring someone at Apple up-to-date about this. Since they sell fibaro’s plugs in the Apple stores physically. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to sell products that no longer work with their latest iOS.

... and exactly that was the idea behind my answer. I wish i could blame someone, but this is HK so ...:

- if does not work - readd

- if does not work - reset to factory default

- if does not work - reset your phone (i love this kind of apple support answers)

- if does not work - buy latest iphone

I took brand new Fibaro Wallplug (but it's same firmware as yours i think), and yes i can add it/use it, tested complette procedure twice with both fibaro and appl apps on ios14 (and old iphone :) )

• Topic Author
  • It’s just so weird, since 1 wall plug still works. The other ones do not and can’t be added what ever I try. I just get the generic error message that it can’t be added. Through HomeKit or the Fibaro app for that matter.

My older device seems to have more info, it errored out with the message that the devices were incompatible with my network. Which is funny, since my network hasn’t changed for the last year... So that seems very funny to me.

the plugs them selves read out that the WiFi strength is at least Fair so they do connect. And I can see on my router that they are in fact connected.

It doesn’t make sense, that’s for sure.

normally i would say "wifi reset" or "factory reset", together with disabled 5GHz WiFi, should do before you try to re-add again.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Yeah, already did both unfortunately. And I have a separate 5GHz WiFi network from my 2,4GHz network. Both different SSID’s.

Just for legacy’s sake. ??

But thanks for helping!

@DeJaPa - forget it - Fibaro oversleeped that a new iOS come out. Ohh surprise -- it's September again. And as it was for the last 10 years - we get a new iOS... out of the sudden. 

I needed to factory reset my wall plug also because - who's surprised - whether the support (just for note - some of the worst support I ever found - they just not respond - like their wallplug) nor some one here in the

Please login or register to see this link.

could explain, how to set up a new wifi connection without loosing all the settings.  

And now I ended right up as you --- having the most expensive wall plug useless, because they can't be paired again? Tested with iPhone 11, iPad Pro 2020 and iPad. Always the same.

And I dont see that it's Apples fault... Apple released their first development betas (for normal people - not for homekit partners) on June 22th.

And I'm pretty sure that partnes like Fibaro even get an earlier access - so they have over 3 months to check whether their devices work/connect/disconnect/reconnect with the new OS -- and they did NOTHING!

And as you said - an App that didn't get an update for over 11 months is not a sign of stability and reliability. It's a sign of a very worst software development -- Obviously everyone confirms this with 2 out of 5 stars.

I highly recommend to change the vendor. After this *abuse* I already bought two MEROSS Wall plugs (2 for just 34€) and they work instantly and with less delay than the fibaro switch. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@DeJaPa  FIBARO would like to resolve the problem and we would like to ask you for additional details regarding the problem that you are facing. There is a separate thread in which we ask for specific pieces of information. Please leave a comment there:

• 1 month later...

Fibaro needs to start doing something concrete, so far I just see posts asking for information that should be pretty simple for Fibaro to gather in a testlab on their own. Spending months fixing these kind of issues does not give credibility to a vendor.

The product-space Fibaro wants to be part of is not for short term, these components are integral part of the house infrastructure, and needs to be stable above all. Who wants an electrical socket that only works now and then, based on what software version you have on you phone?

Best regards,

Anders

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Fibaro Product physically good. But i agree, its Fibaro firmware bug stop re-adding the accessories after hard-reset. Same problem, plz fix it soon for we can get back going.

Its not Apple Firmware issue. I add new plug ok but try reset and readd, this lead to same problem. So Having another Plug cant be added now.

also, the light after reset is not glowing pure Yellow, but Green & Yellow

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jcd
    Provide more informations.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...

Still not working, luckily I encountered this topic and found an old Ipad wit version 12.3 to get reconnected to my fibaro wallplugs.

No Fibaro for me again..

• 4 months later...