Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SmartImplant and Power Cuts

RiccardoCanetta

Question

Hi, I have a SmartImplant connected to 2 different analog sources (parameters 20 and 21 set to 0, as they are both NC). The problem is that after a power-failure of the SmartImplant (HC2 is under UPS) both sources ignore a full cycle (open/close) before they start working again. So basically after power failure, I open gate, it's not reported, I close it and then SmartImplant starts working again - and same for the other source which is a rain sensor (it rains, it's not reported, it dries and then SI starts working when it rains again)

Has anyone else noticed the same? Is there a way to trigger a "status update" via LUA? I have tried Soft Reconfigure and it doesn't help...

Thanks!
Riccardo

11 answers to this question

21 hours ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

Is there a way to trigger a "status update" via LUA? I have tried Soft Reconfigure and it doesn't help...

I am not sure about your particular problem but please give this "poll" command a try, ... after power is restored...

22 hours ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

HC2 is under UPS

Paradoxically... Your problem would not happen without UPS. When power comes back on, the HC would poll mains devices. But then battery operated devices might be wrong because they may have reported during power outage.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @petergebruers

thanks I had a look at your script but it seems it's for switches - I mean what kind of command could I give to a sensor? I tried creating a VD with

fibaro:getValue(653, "value")
    fibaro:sleep(3*1000)
    fibaro:getValue(654, "value")

but this does not trigger the sensor to check its analog inputs apparently... something that with UBS was working ok, by the way, until UBS broke...

Any other idea?

Thanks!
    R

Edited by RiccardoCanetta

52 minutes ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

thanks I had a look at your script but it seems it's for switches - I mean what kind of command could I give to a sensor? I tried creating a VD with

fibaro:getValue(653, "value")
    fibaro:sleep(3*1000)
    fibaro:getValue(654, "value")

It works with any kind of mains powered device, not only switches, but it seems you have missed the most important part of my script:

Please login or register to see this code.

I am assuming that the master ID of your module is 653 (that is quite possible, but I cannot tell for sure without more information). Please try this:

Please login or register to see this code.

It is the "poll" that causes the HomeCenter to ask for updated values of that module. It takes some time so that is why we need "sleep".

It is the same as clicking the "poll" button on the device page in your browser. If that button updates your values, then the Lua code should work. If the button does not update what you want, then Lua won't either.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

unfortunately I had tried the Poll button already (on the sensors and also on the parent device) but it doesn't help...

Ah. Then it is either a device firmware issue or the HC2 does not do what I expect when you do "poll" on the implant. If I were you I would mail to [email protected] so they can investigate.

I wonder if it's got to do with "secure" mode. You mention the smart implant is used with a "gate" so that would make sense

10 hours ago, RiccardoCanetta said:

Done will update here with their feedback!

Congratulations on your success. We are glad that the equipment is serving again.
    But can you describe which advice or your own solution led to the goal, whether it is beneficial for other users? .. please.
    eM.

Edited by Martin_N

• Inquirer
  • 7 hours ago, Martin_N said:

Congratulations on your success. We are glad that the equipment is serving again.
    But can you describe which advice or your own solution led to the goal, whether it is beneficial for other users? .. please.
    eM.

Hi, I meant that I opened case to Fibaro and will update here once they answer...

Br

Riccardo

• Inquirer
  • Answer from Fibaro today:

Back in the day, this problem occurred when the HC2 version was 4.550.
    In our documentation, the problem is solved for this version, but we are not sure if it is for the next one. I have reported your problem to our engineers for implement the fix in the next update.

Let's wait for next update then...

• Thanks 2

• Inquirer
  • FYI - Fibaro fixed this bug in 5.2 firmware of SmartImplant back in April - I updated all of my SI's and confirm it's working ok now!