Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Templates for third party devices

Relaxandbecool

Question

Is there a clear list somewhere of third party devices that are supported by templates? 

I was disappointed to see that qubino power meter had no template and i want to check before buying more devices. When there is no template the presentation is very poor.

5 answers to this question

The list below is without firmware versions (because the numbers would not help that much, you see it after device has been included, and if template was available for older version, it's easier for Fibaro to re-check with newer firmware version). Some templates are generic for multiple firmware versions, other for specific. Some oem products can use different templates as well, so the number is higher totally (look on 

Please login or register to see this link.

to identify possible/similar models/products).

Anyway, these below have templates (taken from upcoming GA firmware):

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Of course there is official compatibility list as well 

Please login or register to see this link.

These are compatible, so one might sometime need some parameters (or ready template), others don't need any parameters to work, so no template has been developed for them. This of course increase the number again.

Of course all Fibaro Products are supported / having templates, so i deleted them from my list^^

Edited by tinman
  • Thanks 1

Hello @tinman

In your list there are 2 devices with which I have had problems since the last update.

Qubino Qubino Flush 2 Relay
Qubino Qubino Flush Dimmer

I included this shortly after the first update because everything was still OK then after the last one I bought some modules and now it doesn't work anymore.
I hope for the next update that the bug is fixed, otherwise at some point I will have many modules that no longer work.

Now a question about this, can configurations be copied from one ID to the other?
So to say inherit.

Greetings from Germany / Sauerland
Frank

3 hours ago, FBerges said:

In your list there are 2 devices with which I have had problems since the last update.

Qubino Qubino Flush 2 Relay
Qubino Qubino Flush Dimmer

you should open new thread, with specific informations like HC3 firmware version, the affected module and it's firmware version

I included this shortly after the first update because everything was still OK then after the last one I bought some modules and now it doesn't work anymore.

.. as said above, just doesn't work anymore is not sufficient. 

I hope for the next update that the bug is fixed, otherwise at some point I will have many modules that no longer work.

first, it must be validated, that there is a bug, before bug can be submited, validated at Fibaro and fixed. Only because something is not working on your HC3 does not means it's a bug. It is very helpful if you open new thread, as mentioned above, with specific informations, so other users having same modules/firware might check that first.

Now a question about this, can configurations be copied from one ID to the other?
So to say inherit.

you mean paramaters? while this might get implemented in the future for modules with templates (from same manufacturer/fw version), it would never be good idea for all modules. Of course one can copy params from existing module (without template) to other modules via API.

Hello @tinman 

I am still having problems with the Qubino modules Flush 2 relays and Fluh dimmers.
Also with the new firmware 5.041.50 the behavior when teaching in e.g. the Flush 2 relay is as follows.

At 24VDC
Factory reset carried out.
Power supply applied
HC3 switched to teach-in mode.
Press button S on the module.
Module is taught.
Find the neighbors, etc.
Then I have the master and a slave but both with a yellow warning symbol.
The module stays that way even after a long time.
No operation possible (with the HC3).
If I press I1 on the module, the Q1 does not switch either.
So far away again.

At 240VAC
Factory reset carried out.
Power supply applied
HC3 switched to teach-in mode.
Press button S on the module.
Module is taught.
Find the neighbors, etc.
Then I have the master and 3 slaves.
If I operate the first slave (via the HC3), both outputs switch.
If I press the second (via the HC3), the first output switches.
If I press the third (via the HC3) the second output switches
If I switch the I1 to the module, the first output switches and the second output also switches on the I2.
But the buttons on the HC3 stay red and do not turn green.

So much for my statement.

With Firmwhare 5.021 I had learned several modules in the field to function like an FGS-224 which concerns the operation of the HC3.
If I had to reconfigure this now, I would have unusable modules.
In the meantime I have 6 modules that work in the field and 2 that I have as a reserve (new) that I cannot learn.
All modules come from an order about 3 years ago.
With the flush dimmers it is similar only that I have 3 in the field and 1 in reserve.

This is an ugly state and I had hoped that the 5.041.50 release would fix the error.

Do you have any idea what I could change (if it's up to me).

Greetings from Germany / Sauerland
Frank

Hallo 

Ich habe immer noch Probleme mit den Qubino Modulen Flush 2 Relais und Fluh Dimmer.
Auch bei der Neuen Firmwhare 5.041.50 ist das Verhalten beim Anlernen von z.B dem Flush 2 Relais folgendes.

Bei 24VDC
Werksreset durchgeführt.
Spannungsversorgung angelegt
HC3 in den Anlernmodus versetzt.
Den Taster S auf dem Modul betätigt.
Modul wird angelernt.
Suchen der Nachbarn usw.
Dann habe ich den Master und einen Slave aber beide mit einem Gelben Achtung Symbol.
Das Modul bleibt auch nach längerer Zeit so.
Keine Bedienung möglich (mit dem HC3).
Betätige ich am Modul den I1 dann schaltet der Q1 auch nicht.
Also wieder endfernt.

Bei 240VAC
Werksreset durchgeführt.
Spannungsversorgung angelegt
HC3 in den Anlernmodus versetzt.
Den Taster S auf dem Modul betätigt.
Modul wird angelernt.
Suchen der Nachbarn usw.
Dann habe ich den Master und 3 Slave.
Betätige ich (über den HC3) den ersten Slave schalten beide Ausgänge.
Betätige ich (über den HC3) den zweiten schaltet der erste Ausgang.
Betätige ich (über den HC3) den dritten schaltet der zweite Ausgang
Schalte ich den I1 an Modul schaltet der erste Ausgang und auch beim I2 schaltet der zweite Ausgang.
Aber die Schaltflächen am HC3 bleiben rot und schalten nicht auf grün.

So weit meine Feststellung.

Ich hatte mit der Firmwhare 5.021 mehrere Module im Feld angelernt die Funktionieren wie ein FGS-224 was die Bedienung am HC3 betrift.
Wenn ich diese jetzt neu Konfigurieren müßte so hätte ich unbrauchbare Module.
Mittlerweile habe ich 6 Module die funktionieren im Feld und 2 die ich als Reserve habe (Neu) die bekomme ich nicht angelernt.
Alle Module stammen aus einer Bestellung vor ca. 3 Jahren.
Bei den Flush Dimmern verhält es sich ähnlich nur das ich hier 3 im Feld habe und 1 in Reserve.

Das ist ein unschöner Zustand und ich hatte gehoft das die Releas 5.041.50 den Fehler beheben würde.

Hast du eine Idee was ich ändern könnte (wenn es denn an mir liegt).

Grüße aus Deutschland / Sauerland
Frank