Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat Controller FW4.7, cold radiators

s8109csa

Question

Dear All,

My radiators are cold with heat demand on and boiler running. If I fully open manually the Heat Controller, hot water is flowing, radiators are heating up but then I loose my original setpoint. So the regulation is not working well. I am very disappointed with this Fibaro Module.

Fibaro Team: Please release FW4.8 with option Valve fully opened when heat demand is on. Simple as that, it is what Your customer wants. (7 Heat Controllers + others Fibaro modules)

Others: Please let me know if there is a LUA code which is doing the same thing but not loosing my setpoint. 

Thank You!

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I had the same problem (as many of us) but from 3 years ago I'm using @Dave_H's scenes to compensate this bad behavior.

I'm talking mainly about "TRV Boost" which I'm using it in combination with "Multi-room Call for Heat" and "Heating Override".

You should give it a try...

Cheers!

• Inquirer
  • Thank You @adyboss . I will have a look and try.

But honestly...Why do we need to play tricks? I think my recommendation about the option would make it simple and no tricks needed.

Yeah... as I said... already 3 years... :)

We all asked for such option in config at that time. You don't even imagine how it was with the first FW version... but you can find in topics (search for bad algorithm).

• Inquirer
  • I needed to turn off also the heat demand flag on the TRVs, sometimes they just didn't turn on or off...Also disabled heat demand plugin supplied by Fibaro.

And turned on the good old Need Heat Script I downloaded from somebody from this forum.

Now I'm having only one interesting failure mode. (I listed it also in the Fibaro module Heat Controller section):

I am having on my ground floor 3 FGT-001 TRVs and one external Fibaro Temperature Sensor which is paired to all of the TRVs.

Now what happens is that I set for example 22°C to zone temperature, trigger is 21.7°C for both scripts (need heat and TRV Boost). When the trigger point is reached, the TRVs are boosted and the temperature starts to climb.

BUT NOT ON THE MAIN TEMPERATURE SENSOR SET TO THE ROOM!!!

So just imagine! There is one temperature sensor connected to 3 TRVs and the temperature is rising or 2, stays at 21.7°C on the main one set for the room. You can imagine what I feel...

@Dave_H, do You have any idea? Maybe if Your script would collect the temperatures measured by the 3 TRVs in my room and select the max of the 3 and make decisions based on that instead of the room's set main temperature sensor?