Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can I restore dead HC2 back up to HC3 device?

Nikola

Question

My HC2 died and couldn't wait to ship to Poland for repair so decided to get a new HC3 instead.

Since HC2 is dead, I can't do the suggested "Transfer configuration" but was interested to know if I will get access to the HC2 cloud back ups when I add the new HC3 to my Fibaro ID? And if I do see those back ups, is it safe to upload/restore them to the HC3?

Thanks!

Edited by Nikola

9 answers to this question

@Nikola

Have you tried starting your HC2 without the recovery stick? After version 4.5XX it is no longer used and should be removed.
If your HC2 goes out during start-up, or is unable to start, the power supply may be defective. Test with another (12V 4A min.).

• Inquirer
  • 18 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

@Nikola

Have you tried starting your HC2 without the recovery stick? After version 4.5XX it is no longer used and should be removed.
    If your HC2 goes out during start-up, or is unable to start, the power supply may be defective. Test with another (12V 4A min.).

Yes, the HC2 is confirmed dead, technical support couldn't bring it back to life either, but my question was if I can restore the HC2 cloud back up to HC3 and I did succeed with that mission this weekend.

Technical support has made my HC2 cloud back up as an artificial donor and when I connected the HC3 I was able to see it and restore it. 

2 hours ago, Nikola said:

when I connected the HC3 I was able to see it and restore it. 

I can't imagine it will work, to use a HC2 backup on a HC3, did it?

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

I can't imagine it will work, to use a HC2 backup on a HC3, did it?

Yes, it worked flawlessly, just as advertised - transferred everything (rooms and devices) except the scenes. I only had to wake up some (not all) battery powered devices.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 18 hours ago, lasmartuser said:

I try to manual upload back up of HC2 to HC3 but it gives error after uploading it locally from my pc. Any ideas for this?

I don't think you can upload it manually, please check the migrating to HC3 instructions, it has to be arranged through the migration tool available on your Fibaro ID profile.  

I have the same situation: HC2 died. No way to revive. Ordered an HC3 that will arrive tomorrow. 

So what's the conclusion? Is there a way, yes or no, to restore a configuration on an new HC3 if the HC2 is dead?

Thank you

Sorry to bump this thread but i'm in a similar situation

Are the backups saved to cloud restorable between different Home centers? (HC2 to HC3)

Thanks

Recovery is only possible via the cloud. HC2 and HC3 must then have valid backups in the cloud and be accessible via the same Fibaro ID. Or open a ticket with support.