Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which door lock

alexpelli

Question

Hi all... I'm looking to buy a door lock.

I'm from Italy therefore I need a door lock for Euro door version.

I'm looking for Danalock V3(z-wave) or Nuki 2.0.

I would like to have a full HC2 integration and possibility to have the 3 main function of door block, unblock and unlatch (door opening).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks 

14 answers to this question

I'm following this thread because I'm also interested in a smart door lock. My preferred solution is an electronic door lock, but it would cost me €1.700,- per door including labor. This is without access control system, but this could be done with a simple z-wave relay module for HC2 integration. For now, it is much too expensive for me and it exceeds the WAF!

Nuki Combo 2.0 with a bridge works perfect in combination with the HC2.

If you buy the Nuki Combo Pro 3.0, it don't work without the extra Bridge (new inside only Wifi, but no bridge inside)

You can download the VD from the Fibaro Market Place.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:17 PM, twanve said:

If you buy the Nuki Combo Pro 3.0, it don't work without the extra Bridge (new inside only Wifi, but no bridge inside)

Hello,

Why would a BRIDGE be necessary for Nuki Smartlock V3 PRO (as I understood the WiFi is built in V3 Pro) ?

Thanks,

Fly
PS: I am about to buy, if someone want

Please login or register to see this link.

, I am more than happy.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, Fly said:

Hello,

Why would a BRIDGE be necessary for Nuki Smartlock V3 PRO (as I understood the WiFi is built in V3 Pro) ?

Thanks,

Fly
PS: I am about to buy, if someone want

, I am more than happy.

It's not necessary, but works only with the HC3 (icm QuickApp) For the HC2 you use the Virtual Device( VD)
This VD on the web, only works with the Bridge and not with the build in Wifi in de V3 Pro.

6 hours ago, twanve said:

It's not necessary, but works only with the HC3 (icm QuickApp) For the HC2 you use the Virtual Device( VD)
This VD on the web, only works with the Bridge and not with the build in Wifi in de V3 Pro.

Thanks @twanve, I do have HC3, can you clarify "icm QuickApp" or point me to the right direction for having it working with HC3 ?
Thanks in advance,

Fly

13 minutes ago, Fly said:

Thanks @twanve, I do have HC3, can you clarify "icm QuickApp" or point me to the right direction for having it working with HC3 ?
Thanks in advance,

Fly

Install this QA en make you one token code by nuki.io (see example in code)

Write this token code in the QA variable.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 minutes ago, viperlodz said:

Kaadas K9 if you have option to install it

?

On 6/30/2022 at 4:29 PM, twanve said:

Install this QA en make you one token code by nuki.io (see example in code)

Write this token code in the QA variable.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello @twanve,

Works like a charm, thousands thanks !!
Do you know, by chance, if there is possibility to integrate the door sensor that I bought separately from Nuki ???

Thanks.

Fly

4 minutes ago, Fly said:

Hello @twanve,

Works like a charm, thousands thanks !!
Do you know, by chance, if there is possibility to integrate the door sensor that I bought separately from Nuki ???

Thanks.

Fly

no, I don't have the Nuki doorsensor. I use Fibaro Smart implant with a bult in magneet sensor to monitor the doors and windows. (not visible)

OK, thanks a lot @twanve, for the time being, I experience a battery which drain in 1-2 days... I removed the smart lock from Fibaro, I will see if it solves the problem, but it only appears after syncing with Fibaro :-(

FLY

1. Deadbolt Locks: Deadbolts are known for their high level of security. There are three main types of deadbolts:

• Single Cylinder Deadbolt: This type has a key cylinder on the outside and a thumbturn on the inside.
    • Double Cylinder Deadbolt: Both the inside and outside have key cylinders. These provide extra security but may not be suitable for quick exits during emergencies.
    • Keyless Deadbolt: These use a keypad or smart technology for entry without a physical key.
  2. Knob Locks: Knob locks are commonly found on interior doors and are not recommended for exterior doors because they can be easily bypassed or broken.

3. Lever Handle Locks: Lever handle locks are often used on interior doors, and they are designed to be more accessible than knob locks. However, they are also not recommended for exterior doors due to their vulnerability to forced entry.

4. Smart Locks:

offer convenience and security through smartphone apps, keyless entry, and remote control. They often include features like keypad entry, voice control, and integration with smart home systems.

5. Mortise Locks: Mortise locks are typically found on older or high-security doors. They are more complex and robust than standard locks.

6. Keyed Entry Sets: These are locksets that come with both a doorknob or lever handle and a deadbolt, often designed to match in style and finish.