Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danalock V3 and HCL

Ole

Question

Hi all!

I am trying to get my Danalock to report what state it is in by setting a variable to 0 or 1, but the variable doesn't change by locking or unlocking. If I replace the Danalock with a wall plug in the scenes that set the variable, the variable is set to 0 or 1 when I switch it on and off. Any ideas why this doesn't work with the Danalock?

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • On 10/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, Ole said:

Hi all!

I am trying to get my Danalock to report what state it is in by setting a variable to 0 or 1, but the variable doesn't change by locking or unlocking. If I replace the Danalock with a wall plug in the scenes that set the variable, the variable is set to 0 or 1 when I switch it on and off. Any ideas why this doesn't work with the Danalock?

Thanks!

For some reason it started working today. It now changes the variable.

Another issue I'm having is synchronization. I dress the "start synchronize" button and it looks like it is going to work, but then it just goes back to not being synchronised. Does it need to be synchronised to work properly?

Edited by Ole

• Inquirer
  • I am having the problem that my Danalock is often x’ed out with communication problem. My HCL has about a 20-22 meter free line of sight to a Aeotec range extender and from there about 3 meters to the Danalock. (There are also other devices such as wall plugs near by). Does anybody else have communication problems with the Danalock?

On 11/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, Ole said:

I am having the problem that my Danalock is often x’ed out with communication problem. My HCL has about a 20-22 meter free line of sight to a Aeotec range extender and from there about 3 meters to the Danalock. (There are also other devices such as wall plugs near by). Does anybody else have communication problems with the Danalock?

Hi Ole,

Old post I know, but i have the same issue: My Danalock only opens maybe 4 out of 5 times. Often it reacts with a big delay or not at all. Not happy with it at all. I know its the Danalock because I have Fibaro switch nearby that I added in the same door opening scene just for testing. The light reacts every time the scene is fired but the Danalock often doesnt react. Did you find any solutions to this?

Regards Felix

Though I am not a pro with hcc I had a similar problem with this locks when having hc2. 

After switching to openhab and aeotec z-wave stick my problem with those locks has been solved. They are now much more responsive.

I would say that my z-wave network has changed and my current hub reports that both locks are now directly connected to it and not through intermediate hops. 

In fact in logs i see that they are among the first devices responding to hub after the restart.

10 hours ago, Piotr Bojko said:

Though I am not a pro with hcc I had a similar problem with this locks when having hc2. 

After switching to openhab and aeotec z-wave stick my problem with those locks has been solved. They are now much more responsive.

I would say that my z-wave network has changed and my current hub reports that both locks are now directly connected to it and not through intermediate hops. 

In fact in logs i see that they are among the first devices responding to hub after the restart.

ok interesting. I also run HC2. So you got rid of HC2 altogether and replaced it with "openhab and aeotec z-wave stick"? what's a good place to start reading about how this setup works?

Go to 

Please login or register to see this link.

But honestly I would make a theory that you should think more on your mesh network structure around locks. Those are FLIRS devices - maybe they are not directly connected to your hub, maybe current interrmediate nodes does not pass well communication between a hub and a lock. Make some experiments on this - dissmount the lock from door and move it closer to the hub and fire some commands.

My Dana lock is working perfect on HC3 and was also working good on HC2.

Just follow installation manual step by step and if I am not wrong add in safe mode.

Succes,

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • On 3/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, Flix123 said:

Hi Ole,

Old post I know, but i have the same issue: My Danalock only opens maybe 4 out of 5 times. Often it reacts with a big delay or not at all. Not happy with it at all. I know its the Danalock because I have Fibaro switch nearby that I added in the same door opening scene just for testing. The light reacts every time the scene is fired but the Danalock often doesnt react. Did you find any solutions to this?

Regards Felix

No solutions Im afraid

On 3/5/2021 at 10:51 PM, Piotr Bojko said:

Go to 

Please login or register to see this link.

But honestly I would make a theory that you should think more on your mesh network structure around locks. Those are FLIRS devices - maybe they are not directly connected to your hub, maybe current interrmediate nodes does not pass well communication between a hub and a lock. Make some experiments on this - dissmount the lock from door and move it closer to the hub and fire some commands.

Hi  sorry i just saw this only now. I just ordered a replacement Danalock and it does the same, so I tested the new lock 20 times directly next to the HC2 controller, and 4 in 20 times it does not respond, and a few times it responds late. Where another Z wave device (Dimmer2) responds much faster and every time (I added the Dimmer2 in the same unlock scene to make sure that the HC2 really sent the command). So I'm out of ideas, anything else you suggest I can try?

On 3/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, Sjakie said:

My Dana lock is working perfect on HC3 and was also working good on HC2.

Just follow installation manual step by step and if I am not wrong add in safe mode.

Succes,

//Sjakie

Hi Sjakie, so you always open the door via z wave and it works fast and each and every time? Or do you use Bluetooth - with Bluetooth mine works as well 100%, but i need z wave to work 100%!!

@Flix, both.

If I  come back Danalock will open with bluetooth. Because my geofence doest work properly, once a montgh I get the notification I am at home.

When we are at home Danalock will lock after x min frontdoor closed. If the house will be armed it locks after x seconds

To be honnest I am verry disapointed with this Danalock.

It should be nice if HC* trigger the morning action >>Dana will switch from night lock into day lock without opening the door.

Every cmd given with HC3 will be executed without any long delay.

To let Danalock be the trigger for disarming the house I must wait till HC* can deal with bluetooth. To disarm and open the lock with HC* I find triggy.

//Sjakie

11 hours ago, Sjakie said:

@Flix, both.

If I  come back Danalock will open with bluetooth. Because my geofence doest work properly, once a montgh I get the notification I am at home.

When we are at home Danalock will lock after x min frontdoor closed. If the house will be armed it locks after x seconds

To be honnest I am verry disapointed with this Danalock.

It should be nice if HC* trigger the morning action >>Dana will switch from night lock into day lock without opening the door.

Every cmd given with HC3 will be executed without any long delay.

To let Danalock be the trigger for disarming the house I must wait till HC* can deal with bluetooth. To disarm and open the lock with HC* I find triggy.

//Sjakie

my recent testing show this kind of result : Danalock very often misses the Z wave command (simple unlock scene) . But i am not sure how to troubleshoot further..I have tried now 2 Danalocks already. In some cases doing a bluetooth unlock wakes it up and then the z wave works again. Somehow Danalock goes to sleep sometimes..

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_03/image.png.940a39d3c8eb56b297c2bbdce198ee32.png" />

Sorry, I cant test for you because I am on HC3 now.

//Sjakie

• Like 1