Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem with new HC3

lasmartuser

Question

Hi . I have a new HC3 and i tried to migrate from old HC2. But things are too bad!

I added the new HC3 to old fibaro home account , so i pressed transfer configuration button. I followed all steps till resetting HC3 box ( target box ) and there everything stucks.  I opened ticket in fibaro support and only thing they did was to unstuck resetting and they told me to try transfer procedure again. I did and same thing happened. Anyone with same issue? Now i have HC2 that has all devices inside , but nothing works , and HC3 that works ok, updated to last version 5..050.13 , but in cloud  back up settings i see this message: 

COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Not linked with Fibaro ID or no Internet connection.

But internet works and fibaro id is ok in box!      Any suggestions please?  I am really unhappy that i am stuck and nothing works!  Thanks for your time. 

Okay, I went into Recovery mode, and restored an older firmware.  That did the trick, Fibaro recognizes again and can initiate the online reset process of the HC3.

Used file: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Dont unzip the update.7z

thus in steps:

- download the recovery firmware

- start HC3 in recovery mode

- use manual file to restore system (update.7z)

- restart HC3

- re-run home.fibaro.com + transition of HC2 -> HC3

- login to your local HC3 -> Complete migration

It just finished, and works for all my devices. Of course, no scenes.

(ps. it seems..  like you lost your backups, but backup of HC2 for HC3 is "waiting" at your HC3)

• Like 3

Hi,

i have the same problem, yesterday i left ticket on Fibaro desk. But the main problem is also in my case that both the old HC2 and the new HC3 doesnt connect to Fibaro cloud. They are fully connected on internet, lan or wireless but same problem. And in home.fibaro.com is green at both HCs  that are connected with Fibaro ID.

can u please put in the name of the topic : Not linked with Fibaro ID or no Internet connection.

Yes the old hc2 sensors are in read only state, because they were transfering to hc3. But now is stucked somewhere between and lost. I could add my sensors manually now in HC3, but because of that problem with ID i wont, i will wait some time for solution if it is. 

Edited by KrBombaMiRec

• Inquirer
  • 23 hours ago, KrBombaMiRec said:

Hi,

i have the same problem, yesterday i left ticket on Fibaro desk. But the main problem is also in my case that both the old HC2 and the new HC3 doesnt connect to Fibaro cloud. They are fully connected on internet, lan or wireless but same problem. And in home.fibaro.com is green at both HCs  that are connected with Fibaro ID.

can u please put in the name of the topic : Not linked with Fibaro ID or no Internet connection.

Yes the old hc2 sensors are in read only state, because they were transfering to hc3. But now is stucked somewhere between and lost. I could add my sensors manually now in HC3, but because of that problem with ID i wont, i will wait some time for solution if it is. 

Don't expect fast solution! 3 weeks and today i received a message from them that they know the issue and they sent it to developers and i supposed to be with patient! But really i am leaving from fibaro HC and i will never be back! I am with homey now and thanks god everything is better than fibaro! 

exact same problem here,  really sucks: tried solutions:
    - remove the HC3 from my account and add it again
    - manual reset of the HC3 - does not help
    - seems like the HC3 kind is blocked maybe by a firewall/ communication of some sort can not be established

Old HC2 - does not instruct any of my old devices anymore, so I have a very dark home at the moment.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, harthoofd said:

exact same problem here,  really sucks: tried solutions:
    - remove the HC3 from my account and add it again
    - manual reset of the HC3 - does not help
    - seems like the HC3 kind is blocked maybe by a firewall/ communication of some sort can not be established

Old HC2 - does not instruct any of my old devices anymore, so I have a very dark home at the moment.

If there is local back up in your HC2 you can try manual reset to factory settings and reload back up. This will bring connection to cloud for HC2 . But don't expect migration to HC3 . It is corrupted . Be patient as they sent to me! 

• Like 1

sadly - i have been plain stupid. Made no local backup.

so to all future readers and migrationers: Make a LOCAL backup first ;)

• Inquirer
  • 31 minutes ago, harthoofd said:

sadly - i have been plain stupid. Made no local backup.

so to all future readers and migrationers: Make a LOCAL backup first ;)

So then or wait or start from "0"  in your new HC3, that also needs some resets and hopefully will reach cloud!  Fibaro is getting too bad in support...

• Inquirer
  • It seems that they fixed issue with cloud even in latest version of HC3 . Do you know why HC2 and HC3 won't find latest updates of fibaro walli devices like walli dimmer and walli switch ? I am stuck in old version 5.0 when i know that latest version is 5.2 !   

Hi all, just to report that I had exactly the same issue today and went through the process described by Harthoofd on his post 

followed exactly these steps including using the "old" firmware and it did work for me! thanks a lot!

Same problem for me but the system cannot accept an older version, so I get an error every time. 

I'm running version 5.050.13 and the download file is a few versions behind. 

it worked as described! 

Thank you guys!

A nice example how users know better that after sales provide as support..... :(

(thumbs down once again for Fibaro)

How long did the HC3 Factory reset part take in your cases?

[edit]

Took about 45 minutes for home.fibaro.com to finish, and then an addtional 10 minutes for several HC3 reboot cycles.

[/edit]

Edited by jayrock
    additional information

Hi 

after having the same problem i did the same thing like 

did  but now i have different issue 

i can see all of my devices in profile and when i want to create new scenes i am even see all the right rooms 

but when i am trying to see the devices in the " devices" filed the window is getting stuck on "thinking" round circle that spin around 

i tried to restore from a backup, recovery mode, restart HC3, and even waited more then few days 

still nothing 

what can i do ? 

thanks for your help    

edit:

after update to the last software ( beta version 5.061.36) 

i can see the devices but now the i having the issue in the Dashboard 

still need your help 

thanks 

Edited by moardi

Had the same issue. The transfer process from HC2 to HC3 got stuck with a message "Factory resetting HC3" (or similar). Tried to leave it over night but without success. After logging in to HC3 it looks like the HC3 had network problems. Under Settings > Backup it gives error message "Communication problem". Initially I thought it was a firewall issue that perhaps also interfered with the transfer process. I now know this is not the case.

Solution provided by harthoofd worked for me. Many thanks!

My only additional note to the suggested solution is that when the transfer process is reinitiated and completes, the site home.fibaro.com will take you back to select source and target units (as if you need to restart the the transfer process). At this point you can leave the website and connect to the HC3 and press button "Finish Migration"

On 10/21/2020 at 12:05 AM, harthoofd said:

Okay, I went into Recovery mode, and restored an older firmware.  That did the trick, Fibaro recognizes again and can initiate the online reset process of the HC3.

Used file: 

Dont unzip the update.7z

thus in steps:

- download the recovery firmware

- start HC3 in recovery mode

- use manual file to restore system (update.7z)

- restart HC3

- re-run home.fibaro.com + transition of HC2 -> HC3

- login to your local HC3 -> Complete migration

It just finished, and works for all my devices. Of course, no scenes.

(ps. it seems..  like you lost your backups, but backup of HC2 for HC3 is "waiting" at your HC3)

Could you please help me. The link is unavailable anymore. Could you provide me another one? I've been trying to fix it the entire day. Feeling hopeless

Copy and paste the link in Chrome/Opera>>> Firefox gives me an error

//Sjakie