Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom forgotten?

northyorks82

Question

Fibaro - have you forgotten about your Intercom? Its only your most expensive device!!!

App has become buggy and does not always connect remotely or notify of bell press. Support just say your aware of the issues but they never get fixed.

Your last announcement about an issue with app connectivity on this forum was the end of 2019 - You said in this post you were working fast to resolve the issue.... but since then nothing?

Am I missing something?

• Like 7

• Inquirer
  • Ive now removed this device as its just NOT reliable. Installed a Doorbird and no more problems! Every press of the doorbell now alerts me.... 100% better than Fibaro Intercom. Such a shame and waste. 

• Like 2

What did you do with your Intercom? I really don't want to flush €800,- through the toilet.

Edited by middelweerd

• Inquirer
  • It’s on eBay, where it has been for weeks, but nobody seems to want!

Yes seems like a massive waste of money as intercom cost me about £700, and it just was not reliable...

• Like 2

Highly unreliable, overpriced nice looking piece of sh@t. I was lucky to get one for free to test it otherwise I'd be fckn pissed. I knew Fibaro was way better at designing stuffs than actually make them work, but this product is the worst of all. 

Edited by EliteBizTech
    • Like 2

I also have a ton of problems with the device - very unreliable. This kind of a hardware simply MUST BE 99,99%, if not 100% reliable. A manual doorbell decades ago was 100% reliable :)  But with fibaro intercom you can be sitting at home without any idea that someone is repeatably ringing. It stops working and you have no idea about it.

When it works - it's  not much better, the time from getting the notification (which might already be a few seconds, if not tens of seconds late), to opening the app and connecting to the feed is as long as the time to actually just get to the door. Worst than that - it frequently fails to connect after that time. Meaning not only someone has been waiting for some time for a reply but now I also have to race downstairs and to the door to open. A few weeks after having this device I just stopped even trying with connecting to the feed, I race downstairs from my home office to the entrance as fast as I can.

Recently the connection between my phone and the app stopped, and it doesn't want to reconnect.

I went to this forum to see for solutions and looks like this is a dead, buggy, and unsupported product. I will be tossing this into garbage and switching to something that is not a toy and does not depend on an internet connection and silly outdated apps. Hardware solution (with hardware receivers connected through lan to the  door stations) seems like a way to go. 

I don't think anyone reading this forum, will buy the intercom. A lot of angry users. But I would recommend to contact Fibaro, you may expect a working device. 

Guest kallecux

I can join the post from @lgandecki and report on similar issues.

It would be great if a fibaro employee would make a recommendation on how to proceed.

Especially if it is reported that the support is aware of the problems.

Maybe from: @m.roszak or @T.Konopka

Guest kallecux

Hi there - i wrote a ticket to fibaro and got this answer:

Hi Karl,

Thank you very much for your email.

We're aware of this issue and we've already forwarded it to our engineers. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

You can try to change the network settings and choose Google DNS - 8.8.8.8. If you have an Apple device, you can also force the application to log in locally or lower the audio and video quality settings.

Maybe it will help......me and anybody ;-)

Greetings

Karl Heinz 

I can assure you that Intercom is not forgotten, we started working on new application version for iOS integrated with Call kit - unfortunately this is not a simple task to finish and I cannot guarantee any specific release date to the public.
    Android version is also in plans. 

Fibaro is a great product ... I was super excited with the intercom a few years ago but come on!!! Fibaro you should be ashamed!!!

• It crashes random ... almost every day
    • It is super slow ... the delivery guy already left before i have connection (Connected with UTP)
    • It is very expensive
    • My lens is cracked from the sun (Would love to replace it but you don't have replacement parts!!!

On 3/17/2021 at 5:28 PM, m.roszak said:

I can assure you that Intercom is not forgotten, we started working on new application version for iOS integrated with Call kit - unfortunately this is not a simple task to finish and I cannot guarantee any specific release date to the public.
    Android version is also in plans. 

Hi @m.roszak,

Do you have any news regarding some updates for Intercom - new App / firmware / bugfixes / etc .. ?

Hope for good news for you :)

24 minutes ago, afendikov said:

Hope for good news for you :)

I think you mean from you, otherwise it sounds like a threat (although I can understand your frustration) ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

I think you mean from you, otherwise it sounds like a threat (although I can understand your frustration) ?

?

58 minutes ago, afendikov said:

Do you have any news regarding some updates for Intercom - new App / firmware / bugfixes / etc .. ?

This is the part I am not responsible for but I will try to get some info about it, last year was really busy.
    If I will know something I will let you guys know. 

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Yep, from you, my bad :)

Thanks that you noticed :)

• Like 2

I hope you all get a good working Intercom. Once I thought about buying one, but for that price with that much issues I wouldn't be very happy. I stay with my almost "classic" doorbell and security camera and wall plug integration for HC3.