Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MIGRATE PROBLEM --> Not linked with Fibaro ID OR NO CONNECTION ON BOTH HC2 AND HC3

KrBombaMiRec

Question

Hello,

i just buy a new HC3, and now i want all devices to be removed from my HC2 and start from the begining in HC3. I have 10 sensors and Netatmo integration..

What is the right procedure, that i will easy add old sensors to my new HC3, without problems that are allready connected to hc2.

I want to use HC2 in different location from the begining too...

or someone believe that is migration better solution??

thanks for your advices and help

Edited by KrBombaMiRec

10 answers to this question

You can migrate all device from HC2 to HC3....

See Migrating Data at

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • When i want to migrate, it stuck on factory reset, reseting hc3 is shown, please wait until the end.

But in HC3 in notifications i found this, not sure if this is problem:

Nice radio protocol connection timeout - possible hardware failure
    No memory responsible for the proper operation of Nice radio was found. Contact the FIBARO Support or your installer if you want to use this functionality. Otherwise, you can still use all the other features safely.

ignore Nice radio messages. Switch off the main supply to your house so all devices is switched off and back on. Retry factory reset and start over. I had a similar problem with RGB device

• Inquirer
  • OK if Nice message isnt problem. Maybe is this bigger problem: on home.fibaro.com FIBARO ID in Cloud  backup settings i see this message: 

COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Not linked with Fibaro ID or no Internet connection.

But internet works and  both are connected in configuration panel, i can reach them from everywhere also from fibaro site. I see on fibaro id  that is green on both hc2 and hc3.    

i just tried to migrate from my HC2 to my new HC3 and it's stuck on "Factory Reset - Resetting HC3-0000XXXX. Please wait until the end of process", and it shows this message above in Cloud Backup section on both of them, and both have fully working internet connection

• Inquirer
  • On 10/20/2020 at 12:21 AM, sergiobaiao said:

i just tried to migrate from my HC2 to my new HC3 and it's stuck on "Factory Reset - Resetting HC3-0000XXXX. Please wait until the end of process", and it shows this message above in Cloud Backup section on both of them, and both have fully working internet connection

exact the same as in my case...

Same here. Upgrade to latest firmware on HC3, HC2 was 4.6. Started the process but hanged on "Factory Reset - Resetting HC3-0000XXXX. Please wait until the end of process". 

I'm now with an H2 with no device attached (they show but not configured) and an HC3 with no device and in the backup tab "

COMMUNICATION PROBLEM

Not linked with Fibaro ID or no Internet connection."

which is not the case as I can open the HC3 from the home.fibaro.com website