Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Various Integrations

ChristianSogaard

Hi all

I am really fan of the Fibaro marked - and i im thinking of an extra option.

There are so few products working out of the box with Fibaro HC3

I would like to have integration for these products - and NO mittleware - and i have no problem paying for a working integration

For my the fun is doing the automations and not the integrations.

I guess there is other people like me that dont have all the time in the world just for creating integrations - and i can also see that several people have coding skills that would take me years to reach.

What should it cost? I miss a place to trade with integration. Where people can request and -  people having the time, energy and skills  can do the programming.

• Roth Touchline - underfloor heating
  • iRobot
  • Nilan 
  • Velux KLF200
  • siemens home connect

• Like 1

i can't help, busy till end of this year woth other projects. There are some forum members who can definitely help, like @jgab, @petergebruers or @10der

You might ask Fibaro Premium Support -> 

Please login or register to see this link.

Velux KLF200 - from QuickApp will not work, i have posted some encryption libs, however haven't managed to get TLS over sockts to get working, so this can be implemented with 3d part hw between or as plugin (by Fibaro - they could implement just TLS Sockets as plugin and the other part could be done as QuickApp. Benefit for everybody who need TLS sockets, and easier to maintain the Quick Apps) @A.Socha might be the person to ask for TLS plugin (just actions/properties)

siemens home connect - was on my to-do - that can be done with Quick App already, only some rest oauth calls, API is very nice documented

Nilan - afaik it is modbus, physical not over http, so one need adapter between and yes modbus http can be implemented as Quick App

Roth Touchline - should be the easiest one, as Quick App, only some calls.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Thank you @tinman

For the Velux - i'll wait - i know something is cooking at Velux. ;-)

For Nilan - i already have the mittleware / Adapter. It a ESP8266 and a modbus interface that provides read/write for the Nilan with http / url 

I would to to have a little kickstart help for the siemens home connect and Roth Touchline :-)

Acually the siemens home connect is my primary focus.

9 minutes ago, ChristianSogaard said:

they have even nice command set for postman, so you can test how that works and actually copy/paste into some already published QA (you need one with oauth)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_10/image.png.7774965a94892d9d8090404ebc8898dc.png" />

Edited by tinman

• Topic Author
  •  

Thank you Tinman.

I tried working with postman.

When doing the oauth - i recieve a "Invalid grant: authorization code is invalid"

Could it be because when importing the API to postman, it automatic uses the "API Web Client" instead of the "CoopTop"?

where in postman do i change the "client ID" used ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

/monthly_2020_10/image.png.8be676c670f21c978f38e50cc04dd36a.png" />

you have to select the evironment (top right in postman), the API is using scriptig which will update variables, which are necessary for next steps

attached small example QA, Home Connect Device Flow, all you need is to create app for device flow change client_id, client_secret and click buttons

/monthly_2020_10/image.png.c071c156ef5242126d499acb0fa51edc.png" />

at the end your appliance should get listed.

Not included - token refresh, actions, etc. It is login/get token/list applainces example, normally one should add checks and loop for token refresh (something like each every 20-23hrs), and of course actions for your home connect. The best would be probably to change theQA to device controller type, and add child devices based on appliance list.

there is sha lib insode this QA, normally not necessary, leaved just in case

Edited by tinman
    • Like 2
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • WAUU, thank you @tinman I will play with this right away.

My plan is to build an automation for my kitchen. 

my house is very airtight so when the extractor hood is running, the suction is not efficient.

To solve this - I will stop the Nilan and open the Velux in the kitchen.

So the Automation will start when Siemens CookTop is being used - then the extractor hood will start. Stop NIlan to prevent food smell being blown around in the house and the Velux should be opened a little . Letting the extractor hood work better :-)

So everything starts with Home Connect :-) i just need to build a Sensor in Fibaro, detecting if CookTop is being used or not - or even better - telling how much power the cooktop is using - so i also can control the speed of the extractor hood

Edited by ChristianSogaard

sound cool .. if it works :)

btw, you will have probably to add some scopes here:

scope = urlencode("IdentifyAppliance Monitor")

i simply added the minimum, to connect and monitor. Simply add the names from

separated by space

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 10/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, ChristianSogaard said:

Thank you @tinman

For the Velux - i'll wait - i know something is cooking at Velux. ;-)

For Nilan - i already have the mittleware / Adapter. It a ESP8266 and a modbus interface that provides read/write for the Nilan with http / url 

I would to to have a little kickstart help for the siemens home connect and Roth Touchline :-)

Hi @tinman and @jgab

I now have my integration to Nilan - with big help from @jgab

next project is Roth Touchline - underfloor heating.

I created a web server at home at ran this PHP script

Please login or register to see this code.

and got this result 

image.png.375ee6e1fe2058504db36e550b4768f0.png

Would you have time to help to create the initial LUA code - like jgab have with Children of Hue - where HUE is being scanned and devices is being created ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@ChristianSogaard can you share what you have on HomeConnect?

I simulate Hood with wall plug but I want to remove wallplug and get info direct from hood or furnace.

Thanks in advance,

//Sjakie

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, Sjakie said:

@ChristianSogaard can you share what you have on HomeConnect?

I simulate Hood with wall plug but I want to remove wallplug and get info direct from hood or furnace.

Thanks in advance,

//Sjakie

Hi @Sjakie

It not my work. 

please look at the integration  @tinmanalready did 

he worked a lot of hours and provided the initial configuration of Siemens HomeConnect for hc3
    He offered his work here in the forum. 

//Chr. 

• 5 months later...
    On 10/17/2020 at 12:38 PM, ChristianSogaard said:

Hi all

I am really fan of the Fibaro marked - and i im thinking of an extra option.

There are so few products working out of the box with Fibaro HC3

I would like to have integration for these products - and NO mittleware - and i have no problem paying for a working integration

For my the fun is doing the automations and not the integrations.

I guess there is other people like me that dont have all the time in the world just for creating integrations - and i can also see that several people have coding skills that would take me years to reach.

What should it cost? I miss a place to trade with integration. Where people can request and -  people having the time, energy and skills  can do the programming.

• Roth Touchline - underfloor heating
    • iRobot
    • Nilan 
    • Velux KLF200
    • siemens home connect

Hi @ChristianSogaard,

Could you integrated the iRobot into the HC3?

27 minutes ago, max_fok said:

hello, could you share a step by step installation guide for the amateurs?

I made an application on api.home connect web site so I got the client id and the secret id that copied n pasted in the quick app but I get this when I click authorise:

/monthly_2021_08/85157199_Screenshot2021-08-11at08_29_43.png.8a409c21a2d6f29285167d8df65548f4.png" />

guess my problem Is that I don't get the url. any help would be really appreciated.

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi @tinman,

Have you perhaps done integration between HC2 and Home-Connect?

I'm trying to get an interface going between my HC2 and Home-Connect. I've created an application on developer.home-connect.com. I can successfully test up to Step 2 for 

for both the Simulator and the Real API. In the case of the Real API for Step 2, I have to leave the "redirect_uri=" blank for it to prompt me for my credentials. If I enter my HC2 IP, it returns "error": "unauthorized_client" and does not proceed to prompt me for credentials.

At Step 3, the Simulator works correctly. However, I get stuck with the Real API in step 3 as per the below:

{client_id}  I use API Web Client: Client ID

{client_secret}  I leave blank. My understanding is this is optional. I have also provided it, but it made no difference

{redirect_uri}  I leave blank. I suspect this might be my problem. I don't know what to use here. I tried https://"HC2 local IP address"

{code} I use authorization code returned by Step 2:

If I submit I get the following response:

I have also tried the BSHC code for HC2 from the below post by @FSE

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

However,  here I also got stuck with the following as per the debug log:

Do you have any suggestions and more specifically what should I use for the redirect_uri?

Thank you,

Nico

I created a new basic scene to try and get the HC2 to Home-Connect functional and which I have attached herewith. The authorisation code that is returned via a browser for the API Web Client is the same every-time. This is also the same code that is returned via:

. However, this authorisation code does not work if I use it in my code. I get the following error:

Based on the error it seems it is looking for a different authorisation code, and I guess it is looking for an auth code that should be returned via the redirect_uri when connecting via API client.

The problem with the Home-Connect oauth2 is probably similar to the issues discussed in the following topic?

I there a way to pass the an auth code to a HC2 scene or VD or will I require an external server where I can store an auth code and then retrieve it?

Any help or suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, nicopret said:

I created a new basic scene to try and get the HC2 to Home-Connect functional and which I have attached herewith. The authorisation code that is returned via a browser for the API Web Client is the same every-time. This is also the same code that is returned via:

. However, this authorisation code does not work if I use it in my code. I get the following error:

Based on the error it seems it is looking for a different authorisation code, and I guess it is looking for an auth code that should be returned via the redirect_uri when connecting via API client.

The problem with the Home-Connect oauth2 is probably similar to the issues discussed in the following topic?

I there a way to pass the an auth code to a HC2 scene or VD or will I require an external server where I can store an auth code and then retrieve it?

Any help or suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you

When you register your Application on the Home-Connect developer platform you can select either "Authorisation Code Grant Flow" or  "Device Flow" for the OAuth Flow.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how one will be able to currently implement an API interface that does not require user interaction. @tinman@FSE Do you know whether this was always the case or have the integration options recently been changed?

Edited by nicopret