Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

4.7 update .... 0%

Relaxandbecool

Question

I have several heat controllers, some updated to 4.7 with no problems. But 2 of them will not update at all. They start flashing green but the update bar just stays at 0%. Eventually after a few minutes there is the motor winding sound and they stop flashing and the progress bar stays at 0%.

Any advice other than the usual mix of reboot, bring closer, exclude/include etc etc all of which i have tried? I am using HC3 with the latest firmware. They are added without the secure mode.

Update. The following messages are produced. But the device seems to just go to sleep after this point. Certainly the behaviour is different to the devices that updated without problem.

[17.10.2020] [16:41:15] [TRACE] [ZWAVE]: ID 97: OK. The device will initiate the firmware update of the target specified in the meta data.[17.10.2020] [16:45:36] [TRACE] [ZWAVE]: ID 97: New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself.

Edited by Relaxandbecool

12 answers to this question

Try to reset controllers to factory default, charge battery  and check again. 

I had similar problem few days ago.

Unfortunately Fibaro products doesn't work perfect :(  

5 minut temu, Relaxandbecool napisał:

Thanks. To say they dont work 100% is very polite. I am starting to regret my investment ....

It's not investment :( , rather expensive hobby. It couldn't be treated as a professional solution .... unfortunately 

• Inquirer
  • Agreed. It does not yet have the engineering robustness needed, despite its potential. Its still clearly a techie implementation with lots of shortcuts, not a fully engineered solution.

On this topic the factory reset appears to have worked!

3 minuty temu, Relaxandbecool napisał:

Agreed. It does not yet have the engineering robustness needed, despite its potential. Its still clearly a techie implementation with lots of shortcuts, not a fully engineered solution.

On this topic the factory reset appears to have worked!

Great ;)

Anyone with the same issue? I have a clean HC3, after factory reset. Only one heat controller added, also after factory defaults and I'm no able to update it. It shows update to 4.7 and it act as mentioned above.

For me the same problem.....
    Having a HC3 but the Heat Controllers won’t update.

Not even when the are within 1 meter of the HC3.

1 Heat controller 4.5 —> 4.7 0% updating for day’s.

3 Heat controllers 4.6 —> 4.7 0% 

I did the updates one by one and not activated the firmware updates all at the same time.

I tested to ga back to factory reset, i tested by increasing the sensitivity, i tested by Soft Reconfiguration, i tested by rebooting the HC3.....

All test are negative and did not work.

I find it a big shame that Fibaro launged the HC3 way to early lots off bugs.

I find it a big shame that even Fibaro’s own product don’t work how they support to work.

Let’s hope that the new HC3 firmware will solve all of these things.

The same problem on HC2 with updtaing of heat controller from 4.5 to 4.7. All the actions like reconfigure, factory reset, close location to HC2 and etc. does not help.

For me updating the Heat controller thermostats to the newest firmware i did the following/

1 —> disable the heat controller from the valve ( put in standby modus Cyan color ).

2 —> put the heat controller next to you Home Center

3 —> now do the firmware update and it will work and update

4 —> put the heat controller back on you valve and click one time to leave the standby modus.

That did the job.

It seems that they can’t be update over ear true the Z-wave network if they are to far away from the Home Center.

I have a Home Center HC3 since October 2020 - with 5.050.13 - and almost instantly the message that firmware 4.7 was available for my 4 Thermostat's FGT-001 EU v4.6 

But since then, I tried many times, I was stuck at 0% (same as topic starter), and also stuck on 'Queued for updating' for days.

Also setting Thermostat on standby (Cyan) method, as stated by Mies_NL above, did not work.

Very frustrating to see 4 firmware updates are available and not able to update, for months...

Now I see a new HC3 update was available, so that might be the solution. So I have updated my HC3 to (beta) 5.0.63.30. Still no go.

---------------------------------------------------

But now, I succeeded to update all my devices, inc the 4 Thermostat devices by removing and adding the Thermostat devices in HC3:

---------------------------------------------------

In detail - this is How I did it:

Just hit upgrade - normally the device should start upgrading (cyan slow blink ) - but it did not for me, stays 0% for days, or 'Queued for updating', or stuck after log:

"New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself."

To overcome this - Remove device - and Add it back in HC3 (exclusion and inclusion) - How?:

1. Unmount / Remove the device Thermostat from the radiator, and put it on top of HC3 - or just close th HC3.
    2. Reboot HC3 (to get rid of any 'queued for updating' or other ongoing attemps (0%), refrash, click Cancel button (if any).
    3. Be sure the devices are fully charged (>80%)
    4. Go to Settings -> 5.Devices -> check your thermostat device (settings). Make a screenshot to remember customizations like 'Name'. Notice any customized parameters.
    5. Go to Check 11.Scenes and 9.Climate, and disable any scene or disable Climate schema which make use of this device (not sure this is needed, but for me this works).
    6. Go to Settings -> 5.Devices:
    7. Set checkmark for 'Show hidden' to shows the (hidden) zWave device of Thermostat
    8. Click the red Minus button to remove this device

Please login or register to see this attachment.

9. Wake device with 3 clicks on device (button or use needle thing) - device will blink white.
    10. With green pop ups in left bottom corner of this (webbrowser)  page it will confirms it is removed. Also written in Console Log.
    11. Refresh webpages.
    12. Now add the device back into HC3 using the blue Plus button - Uncheck 'Device is located far from HC', if device is on top on HC3
    13. Wake device with 3 clicks on device (button or use needle thing) - device will blink white.
    14. Wait until added - confirmed by greenleft-bottom pop ups, and written in Console Log.
    15. Refresh webpages.
    16. Notice the device is added with new ID's. 

The Update - Device very close to HC3
    17. Go to Settings -> 2.Updates, refresh page if needed, click 'Check for Updates'
      The new added device should show up (or wait few minutes, and retry)
    18. Now hit button 'Update
    19. Wait for 20, 30 minutes and it should be updated.

What happens in meantime:
      In the 2.Update  > the tab Devices Page, after some minutes - yes, be patient - this page (should) changes to progress bar 0% and the device will show cyan slow blinking - Log shows: "Ok. the Device will initiate the firemware update of the target specified in the meta data"
      The progress bar wil quickly jump to 1%, 4% 10% etc

After a while (10 min?) the device is showing dark blue fast blink while rebooting, and will show cyan slow blink again (can take up few minutes)
      New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself.

Just let it go, as long the progres bar slowly jumps up. It will boot again.

At the end (20 min) in total, the Console log show triple times the following line 

"Ok. the Device will initiate the firemware update of the target specified in the meta data"

"New image was successfully stored in temporary non-volatile memory. The device will now start storing the new image in primary non-volatile memory dedicated to executable code. Then the device will restart itself."

Please login or register to see this attachment.

20. After 30 minutes, the 2.Update -> tab Devices page may show 96% forever - just refresh the page. In my case, the page now show Success :)
    21. Mount the device back on the radiators.
    22. Check if device is back in your scenes and climate schema's
    23. Restore device with original customizations, e.g rename device to original name, see your screenshot in bullet 4.
    24. Enable any Scene and Climate schema with the device.
    25. Check if it all works, by setting a different temp, and if device responds.
    26. Optional - Refresh 2.Update -> tab Devices, click 'Check for updates' - the device is not here anymore.
    27. Optional - Check 5.Devices -> expand your just updated device, see tab general, check Version: 4.7 (it should be 4.7)
    28. Repeat above steps for other devices.

I've updated my HC3 to 5.070.42. Updates 3.4 are stuck on 0% on my FIBARO motion sensor and my FIBARO flood sensor...

1 hour ago, kewl said:

I've updated my HC3 to 5.070.42. Updates 3.4 are stuck on 0% on my FIBARO motion sensor and my FIBARO flood sensor...

Try to remove and add the device - 

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1