Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

No HC2 template for FGS224 available?

CHBD

Question

Hello all,

I just bought a FGS224 module to control my garage gate. After including the new mudule in my HC2 I'm a bit suprised, because no template seems to be available.

Is it right, or did I something rong?

I also have other modules without teplates, so the parametrization is no problem, but I would expect, that the template for Fibaro muduls are directly with availabe with their releases.

Thanks for your feedback

Chris

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, CHBD said:

Is it right, or did I something rong?

Did you try a softreconfig??

• Inquirer
  • I already tried a soft reconfig , but I always get the error message that the re-configuration failed. Additonally, I get the information that the device is not configured, despite paramater 150, and 154 are set.

But should a template be available for HC2?

Then maybe it would make sense to completely remove it form the network and re-include it.

14 hours ago, CHBD said:

Then maybe it would make sense to completely remove it form the network and re-include it

Would make sense,

But include it in the vincinity of the HC.

Then relocate the device and do a mesh update

• Inquirer
  • @Flash Thanks for your tip to include the device in direct vincinity to the HC2. This solved my problem with the missing template.

To be honest, I don't understand why, bevause the Z Wave network test in the garage was OK and single parameter could be set by me.

I also had activated the Network wide inclusion and the check box, that the device is far away from the controller for the first 10 tries.

Overall very frustratiing and anyway not the reliability I would expect. Especially that the second problem with the un finished configuratiion of the device only could be solved with including the device in non-security mode.

I would think, that these problems could occour with 3rd party devices, but not with their own.

best regrards

Chris

4 minutes ago, CHBD said:

To be honest, I don't understand why, bevause the Z Wave network test in the garage was OK and single parameter could be set by me.

I also had activated the Network wide inclusion and the check box, that the device is far away from the controller for the first 10 tries

I think if the routing to the HC is through a zwave only device(s) so not a plus device, then you will have this kind of trouble. But I'm not 100% sure.

I always include in the vincinty of the HC. Then relocate and do a mesh update.