Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro play some music

Ivan_AVM

Question

Is it possible for Fibaro to actavate some Google Home action?

For example to set routine in Fibaro that will among other things stream radio on Google Home enabled speaker.

4 answers to this question

On 10/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ivan_AVM said:

Is it possible for Fibaro to actavate some Google Home action?

For example to set routine in Fibaro that will among other things stream radio on Google Home enabled speaker.

Have you found a solution?

Hi! have you found a solution?

What I do is integrate with a Rasperry with Home Assistant, where I also have Assistant relay to transmit messages through google Home, and an android phone as a "server" too. The android phone is because through the assistant relay you cannot execute multimedia playback actions, so with automated touches on the android when you receive a notification, open google home and type play music on X speaker.
I'm looking for a more efficient solution, but until google enables the function to be able to play multimedia, I don't think much can be done.
I also evaluate other cheaper music playing methods than SONOS but find nothing.

W dniu 2.05.2021 o 21:42, m.reviriego napisał:

Hi! have you found a solution?

What I do is integrate with a Rasperry with Home Assistant, where I also have Assistant relay to transmit messages through google Home, and an android phone as a "server" too. The android phone is because through the assistant relay you cannot execute multimedia playback actions, so with automated touches on the android when you receive a notification, open google home and type play music on X speaker.
I'm looking for a more efficient solution, but until google enables the function to be able to play multimedia, I don't think much can be done.
I also evaluate other cheaper music playing methods than SONOS but find nothing.

Google home can play multimedia f. eks by Node Red but not directly from Fibaro (it's Fibaro problem). Home Assistant can send message to GH. I'm waiting to better integrations Fibaro with GH and other devices.

If its about single text to speach, or other audio format, Google users can use Raspberry that will send the text or audio to Google nest speakers. You need to use 

Please login or register to see this link.

to recieve your http requests from Fibaro, and send the required audio to Google. You can use multimdia too. Just save some mp3 on raspberry and use the corresponding node setup to run it.

If you want to stream some music to some wifi speakers, the best way is to use a speaker with pre-enabled streaming service like Spotify, and use a QA that will manage the Spotify on your wifi device. This needs a bit of LUA knowledge, not only for the code itself (its not that hard, its as simple as checking the Spotify API site and use the correct commads) , but for the authentication part. 

Or if you are lucky enough and do have SONOS, you can use Krikroff's excellent QA 

Edited by Neo Andersson