Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant with Ritto RGE1786770 Intercom

temp0r

Question

Hello everybody,

is it possible to make my Ritto RGE1786770 Intercom smart? I've searched for a howto but didn't find instructions for my Intercom. I've found

Please login or register to see this link.

(sorry, only available in german). They use an extension board of Ritto. But this board can't b e used with my intercom - there is no such plug on the board.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I've also checked the Nuki Opener which is compatible with the RGE1786770. The in-app instructions say that I have to use the wires a and b from the smaller plug on the board:

With Nuki I only checked the wiring - I don't want to use it.

The only thing I try to achive with the usage of the Smart Implant is that I get on my smartphone when the doorbell rings.

Thank you very much for your help! Best regards,

Daniel

9 answers to this question

Hi,
when I look at it, it's a bus system, so there aren't many options.
I wonder, however, that you have free terminals 51 and 52, which is actually the contact of the system relay.
Here I connect GND and IN1 SmartImplant.
Look here.

Please login or register to see this link.

Page 70 for connection and 73 for configuration.

Good luck.

If the SmartImplant doesn’t work, maybe you can use a WallPlug. The doorbell probably needs 220V power. If so, you can trigger a script based on an increase of power usage measured on the WallPlug. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Martin_N and @SmartHomeEddy,

thanks for your help! I'll ask the electrician who installed the intercom. Where do you get the power for the Smart Implant from? At the end I need to wire P, GND an IN1 at the smart implant, right?

Triggering a script when the power usage increases was also an idea of mine but I don't know where to wire an actor. The doorbell itself is inside the intercom case.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Daniel

9 minutes ago, temp0r said:

but I don't know where to wire an actor

Doesn't your intercom just have a simple power adapter in your 220V ?

(You can simply put a Wall Plug in between, always on but measuring the power consumption and triggering a scene)

It's a bus system. The basis is a system power supply, which supplies the entire installation with a small voltage of a few volts. The system consumption will be a maximum of tens of mA. When converting to 230V, it will be imperceptible and for WallPlug below the resolution limit.

I do not have this system at all, but I am based on many years of experience with these different systems.
    You have several options.
    1) you will use the ~~ terminals (measure the voltage, how much you get) to complete the guidelines and you have power for SmartImplant.
    2) you will use two loose wires (yellow and white) from the very cable that is fed ~~ and next to the existing power supply you will use a new 12VDC and send it to that SmartImplant.