Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[new module] Power sensor module without switch

Ced

Hello,

I have a home where all lights are controlled through teleruptors. I would like to be able and measure their on/off state to then do some smart things.

I find that you have the smart module switches with energy metering. I would actually only need the latter. The idea is that instead of putting it in the same wall box as the switch, it would go at the light connection. To only measure and detect whether the light is on or off.

I do not see an existing module that can do just this type of power metering/detecting.

What would it take to make such module with zigbee support? Alternatively, can the existing smart module be used without switching, only metering?

Thanks!

Cedric

Edited by Ced

• Ced changed the title to [new module] Power sensor module without switch

Yes, you can use a fibaro device to monitor power usage only. If you added Fibaro Dimmers then you could monitor the power and dim the lights...that would add functionality to your house!