Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat Controller hangs / Wziął i się zawiesił :/

null

Question

Polski:

Hej,

Od kilku tygodni testuję FGBHT-001 z zewnętrznym czujnikiem. Ostatnio skonfigurowałem sobie Schedule na grzanie od 7:30 do 22:00 i działało mi to tak przez kilka dni. Dzisiaj rano miałem niespodziankę, bo kaloryfer był zimny, mimo że termostat zapytany o status mrygał na czerwono i w aplikacji też pokazywał że grzeje. Spróbowałem kilka razy włączyć i wyłączyć grzanie, ale silniczek cały czas milczał.

Próbowałem zrestartować urządzenie, ale popierdzieliłem kolory i zamiast tego przywróciłem je do ustawień faktycznych, co de factor rozwiązało mój problem. Jeśli znów się będzie zawieszać, będę musiał chyba je oddać, bo to jakiś bubel na którym nie można polegać :/

Ktoś inny miał może podobne problemy?

English:

Hey,

I'm testing Heat Controller FGBHT-001 with external sensor for a couple of weeks now. I've setup a simple schedule to start heating after 7:30 and stop after 22:00. It was working like that for a couple of days already, but Today morning it didn't turn the heater on. HC was blinking red when asked for status, also in app it was showing that's in heating mode, but when I tried to turn heating off and on again, there was not characteristic motor buzz.

I wanted to shut down the device, but I mixed up colours and I've reset it to the factory settings instead. Luckily that solves my problem, but... if the device will hang randomly again I would need to turn it back, because I cannot just rely on it :/

Did anyone encounter similar problems?

13 answers to this question

On 11/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, null said:

Polski:

Hej,

Od kilku tygodni testuję FGBHT-001 z zewnętrznym czujnikiem. Ostatnio skonfigurowałem sobie Schedule na grzanie od 7:30 do 22:00 i działało mi to tak przez kilka dni. Dzisiaj rano miałem niespodziankę, bo kaloryfer był zimny, mimo że termostat zapytany o status mrygał na czerwono i w aplikacji też pokazywał że grzeje. Spróbowałem kilka razy włączyć i wyłączyć grzanie, ale silniczek cały czas milczał.

Próbowałem zrestartować urządzenie, ale popierdzieliłem kolory i zamiast tego przywróciłem je do ustawień faktycznych, co de factor rozwiązało mój problem. Jeśli znów się będzie zawieszać, będę musiał chyba je oddać, bo to jakiś bubel na którym nie można polegać :/

Ktoś inny miał może podobne problemy?

English:

Hey,

I'm testing Heat Controller FGBHT-001 with external sensor for a couple of weeks now. I've setup a simple schedule to start heating after 7:30 and stop after 22:00. It was working like that for a couple of days already, but Today morning it didn't turn the heater on. HC was blinking red when asked for status, also in app it was showing that's in heating mode, but when I tried to turn heating off and on again, there was not characteristic motor buzz.

I wanted to shut down the device, but I mixed up colours and I've reset it to the factory settings instead. Luckily that solves my problem, but... if the device will hang randomly again I would need to turn it back, because I cannot just rely on it :/

Did anyone encounter similar problems?

Hi, I have a similar experience. Yesterday, the heating head did the same thing for me and only the reset to the factory settings helped. I'm still testing but this disappointed me a lot as I invested a lot of money in HC3 and accessories. I would also like to change the value of hysteresis but I don't know how. I noticed that it is set to 2 ° C which is not bad but I would like to set it to 1 ° C or 1.5 ° C

Same here 7 in use some conected with the external sensor, no issue's with hanging, but sometimes the schedule does not switxh setpoint, or the heating request does not switch off, even if the setpoint reached.

@null

@marlo.

Try to do a range test, maybe they are struggling with communication with the HC3.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:49 AM, Jvanzijl said:

I'm using seven of these now for about three years and never had any of them "hang" like this.

Greets, John

Hi John...

You are using the Heat Controller Thermostats for 3 years now without any problems i read.

May i ask you under what Firmware the Heat Controllers are doing there job?

I read that a lot of customers are having huge problems with there Thermostat heat controllers.

So all info is welcome.

Hi @Mies_NL.

Short update.

You already knew that I had no problems with hanging, only with switchpoints, or heating request.

After update to 5.061 beta the problem with switchpoints seems to be gone, only heating request problem remained.

So I kicked out the "heating priotizer" and I started to use a modified script @10der wrote.

This is in use for approx. for 2 weeks, with so far no glitches.

I only use the climate panel for the setpoints of the FGT-001

All 7 on 4.7

HC3 beta 5.061

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mies_NL said:

Hi John...

You are using the Heat Controller Thermostats for 3 years now without any problems i read.

May i ask you under what Firmware the Heat Controllers are doing there job?

I read that a lot of customers are having huge problems with there Thermostat heat controllers.

So all info is welcome.

Hi Mies,

HC2 now on 4.600

All seven Heat Controlers are on now on v4.7.

I started with v4.1 (which was not very good), and upgraded whenever there was a new version.

starting with v4.3 it was much better, v4.5 was good and v4.7 also.

I normally upgrade to a new version of the HC2 firmware or the FGT-1 firmware a couple of weeks after the new version is available, so I can first check whether there are any issues with the new version.

So far I have never had issues with upgrading either HC2 or FGT-1.

Main tricks being to not include the FGT-a in secure mode and always making backups before and after upgrading.

My house is on "Stadsverwarming" which means a constant supply of hot water from outside, so no need to start a heater.

Main thermostat is at max and every room has a FGT-1 to control the heat, using the heating panel for scheduling.

I'm very happy with the way this setup works.

Greets, John

On 1/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, Jvanzijl said:

Hi Mies,

HC2 now on 4.600

All seven Heat Controlers are on now on v4.7.

I started with v4.1 (which was not very good), and upgraded whenever there was a new version.

starting with v4.3 it was much better, v4.5 was good and v4.7 also.

I normally upgrade to a new version of the HC2 firmware or the FGT-1 firmware a couple of weeks after the new version is available, so I can first check whether there are any issues with the new version.

So far I have never had issues with upgrading either HC2 or FGT-1.

Main tricks being to not include the FGT-a in secure mode and always making backups before and after upgrading.

My house is on "Stadsverwarming" which means a constant supply of hot water from outside, so no need to start a heater.

Main thermostat is at max and every room has a FGT-1 to control the heat, using the heating panel for scheduling.

I'm very happy with the way this setup works.

Greets, John

Well thanks for the info.

Over here i also running over “stadsverwarming” i will see if i use the secure mode under HC3.

I have one on a spare valve for testing on almost the same spot as the original valve is.

It’s running oke for 1 week now. only thing is i can’t controle if it heating up the room hahahaha... but i hear it open and closing so that is for me the call it still works fine.

If it stay working this month i think i will put it back on the radiator and see what is going to happen.

Who knows.... maybe it a failure in HC3 firmware..

• Inquirer
  • It just hanged on me again. Seems to be responsive in a way that it changes the color when I switch between schedule and forced temperature, but I don't hear the motor to be working and I don't feel any temperature changes :/ Putting it into Stand-by mode and bringing it up again worked, though it also forced the calibration cycle.

My firmware version seems to be 1.3.0 which seems to be way off from what you guys have. Is there any way to force firmware update?

You are talking of different versions of the modules, FGBHT-001 is a HomeKit version and guys here refers to Z-Wave version :)

• Inquirer
  • That does make more sense now. Still not sure what I can do about my Controller "freezing". Is there any way of debugging the HomeKit version when any issues happen?

• Inquirer
  • I've just wasted another hour trying to pair again after a Factory Reset after another freeze... temp sensor not starting pairing process, app failing on setup stage and later on saving schedule and again on saving temperature preferences... feels like a poor beta tests, with no one to gather feedback nor squash the bugs :/ 

• Inquirer
  • Nov 13, somewhere in Dec (not sure exact date), then Jan 13 and now Feb 12. Every single ***** month my FGBHT-001 stops responding and I need to go through the whole re-pairing routine. Did Fibaro guys hired ex-Boeing engineer, one working previously on the "Reboot Your Dreamliner Every 248 Days To Avoid Integer Overflow" project or something?

If it will crash again (probably in a month) I will just give it back under warranty :(

Same problem, it works for one month and then it hangs - FGBHT-001 , IOS HomeKit version, Firmware 1.3.0, Serial Number 1890.

Edited by Piotr M