Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

struggling with new wallplug

akatar

Question

I have some problems with a new wallplug, after adding it to the hc3, sometimes the plug shutsoff the moment i turn it on and visaversa.

Then after a day or 2 the plug doesn't respond anymore, also not with the button on the plug itself.

To solve this i have to exclude/include again or do a full configuration , then the plug works again as it should, and after a couple of hours it starts all over.

Any thoughts?

Edited by akatar

9 answers to this question

I recent had it with a Neo Coolcam plug. Try to remove from HC2 box and re-add in HC3 this helped me with one plug.

Same issue now he is complete dead.

//Sjakie

Same here, Neo Coolcam plug workts for two days, then it stops. Exclude and include, and it works for two days. But then it didn't explode like a Fibaro, so ...

• Inquirer
  • I bought a couple of new fibaro wallplugs, same thing.

I switch it on (webinterface) second later plug switches off but webinterface shows still on.

Is this a problem with the plugs firmware, hc3 firmware??

damn, i wanted to buy the aeotec plugs but at the last second i  changed them to fibaro :(

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1 hour ago, akatar said:

Is this a problem with the plugs firmware, hc3 firmware??

Bought some devices last week including 3 Fibaro Wall plugs.

Everthing is working as it should, but including was with some devices a real challenge.

I Always include in the vicinity of the HC3, then relocate and do a mesh update.

2 out of 3 Wallplugs gave problem during inclusion.

1 out of 2 Fibaro motion sensors gave problem during inclusion.

2 fibaro smart switches no problem.

After a few backups, Device ID changed of one of the wallplug that gave problem during inclusion. Newly created scene worked with this wallplug worked flawlessly.

Some other device's lost connection to the HC3, after softconfig it got online again, but Device ID was altered. This was with older devices, one Zwave Wallplug, one Zwaveplus Wallplug. and one double relay switch. Errors occured because scenes were not working anymore, Or scenes that worked before, did not consider conditions anymore.

So I excluded the devices and included them again. Did a new backup, no problems occured till now.

Now all is working as it should.

Think it's an HC3 firmware problem.

• Inquirer
  • Well, so far no info from fibaro, as all of my new wallplugs are doing the same, it must be a "fibaro thing"

i am going to test the aeotec switch 7, and if that works fine it's exit for my fibaro wallplugs

Seems like a variant of what we've discussed before, but now with a slight twist to the story, "[does not respond] also not with the button on the plug itself" -> Sounds like the microcontroller on that plug crashed completely? That is a stab in the dark...

• Inquirer
  • Problems are:

while switching on, it switches off after a second, sometimes a couple of times. sometimes it will not react att all and remving the plug from the socket en put it back it pluses red, so it's no added to a controller.

i ordered aeotec switch 7 and if that test is good it's exit for all fibaro wallplugs overhere

• Inquirer
  • On 2/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, akatar said:

Well, so far no info from fibaro, as all of my new wallplugs are doing the same, it must be a "fibaro thing"

i am going to test the aeotec switch 7, and if that works fine it's exit for my fibaro wallplugs

Aeotec switch 7 is working, only no power usage on hc3, well done fibaro!

so it's more important for me to have a working switch, i choose to dump the fibaro wallplugs and go for aeotec.