Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Manual Scene to Open Gate IF gate closed

konundrum

Question

Newbie here.

I have a sliding gate that I have added control using a Fibaro switch so I can open and close the gate using Fibaro HC3. (working fine)

I have added a Reed sensor using a Fibaro Smart Implant input so I can see if the gate is closed. (working fine)

I have set up a scene that I will want to be able to run manually to open the gate, but only if the gate is closed. Is there a way to set this up?

When manually running the scene it appears to ignore any of the conditions and just runs the scene. 

Have tried searching but only things i can find are in HC2 and HC3 seems to be setup differently and I can't translate the instructions.

@konundrum Can you share your scene so there is a starting point we could work from?

The setup should contain a check if the gate is open, like: if tonumber(fibaro.getValue(54, "value")) > 0 then 

That conditions are not in the DECLARATIONS part off the scene, but in the ACTIONS part, because you want to run the scene manually. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

4 hours ago, konundrum said:

When manually running the scene it appears to ignore any of the conditions and just runs the scene. 

@interested When run a scene manually, the conditions are ignored. 

@konundrum @SmartHomeEddy

I guess you need a wallcontroller/transmitter for that.

scene:

if wallcontroller is pushed

and gate is closed

then

open gate

you can try with a wallplug

if wallplug status change to on/off

and gate is closed

then open gate

if that works, a wall controller wil also work

Why not make a Lua scenes with a if then statement? 

Push the scene manually, if gate is closed, open gate. And a second scene, push manually, if gate is open, close gate. 

Fibaro could give as IF for block scenes, it would be easier for everyone, but that would not be interesting ???

Is it realy so difficult ??? 

What I also hate here in forum, everyone is forcing this lue ... I don’t even see any solution anymore with the block scene.

Fibaro HC3 is in my opinion POS and a waste of money & all of you can say what you want.

22 hours ago, interested said:

What I also hate here in forum, everyone is forcing this lue

I don’t think it is the right attitude, to hate this forum. This is a forum with Fibaro USERS (and not Fibaro employees) we try to help other users. The users are the forum. I am just trying to help the starter @konundrum with his question, and you answer you hate this forum. That is not nice. 

If you have an answer for @konundrum to help him with opening and closing his gate, let all of us know. If you have some frustration with Fibaro, let them know, but they are not on this forum. Please call them, call support send them a mail. 

Back to the question, I think opening and closing the gate can with an extra check on the gate’s status closed / open is possible with a check of the Reed sensor with a if-then check. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

7 hours ago, interested said:

Fibaro could give as IF for block scenes, it would be easier for everyone, but that would not be interesting ???

Is it realy so difficult ??? 

What I also hate here in forum, everyone is forcing this lue ... I don’t even see any solution anymore with the block scene.

Fibaro HC3 is in my opinion POS and a waste of money & all of you can say what you want.

I gave you a block scene sollution

but wil not waste my time anymore for this

• Inquirer
  • 16 hours ago, interested said:

maybe something like that, of course suggestions are welcome ...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks

Tried that and it will still trigger the gate regardless of whether the reed sensor is open or not.

16 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

@konundrum Can you share your scene so there is a starting point we could work from?

The setup should contain a check if the gate is open, like: if tonumber(fibaro.getValue(54, "value")) > 0 then 

That conditions are not in the DECLARATIONS part off the scene, but in the ACTIONS part, because you want to run the scene manually. 

• Inquirer
  • 9 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Why not make a Lua scenes with a if then statement? 

Push the scene manually, if gate is closed, open gate. And a second scene, push manually, if gate is open, close gate. 

Would you be able to give an example of this?

THis is what it currently is if converted to LUA

13 hours ago, akatar said:

@konundrum @SmartHomeEddy

I guess you need a wallcontroller/transmitter for that.

scene:

if wallcontroller is pushed

and gate is closed

then

open gate

you can try with a wallplug

if wallplug status change to on/off

and gate is closed

then open gate

if that works, a wall controller wil also work

Yeah that would probably work, but I want to be able to run the scene while driving up to house in my car using Siri. This can only activate a scene not a device :(

I guess if you use a wallplug to start the scene you can use siri to turn on the wallplug (or a scene that activates the wallplug)

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, akatar said:

I guess if you use a wallplug to start the scene you can use siri to turn on the wallplug (or a scene that activates the wallplug)

Yes... That could work!

• Inquirer
  • 18 minutes ago, akatar said:

Perfect!!! Works a treat! Thanks!!!!

In the same scene you have to change the wall plug to off after a couple of seconds, else the next time you turn the wallplug on nothing will happen because it is already on

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • So this is the final products ...

Setup 2 scenes;

1 - "Siri Open Gate" - Turns on the switch

2 - "setup gate open" - when the switch is turned on, and the gate sensor shows gate is closed, then open the gate (I have to trigger an open and close to open gate) then after 5 sec turn off the switch so is ready for next turn on command. 

On my iphone.

Setup siri shortcut that activates the "siri open gate" scene

And now when phone is connected to car play, I can successfully open the gate using Siri voice command, but only if the gate is closed!

Thanks for the help! This was really frustrating me!

Hello, I did this scene...

it was really very important for me to have the gate closed and if it is already closed, do nothing.
    But what happens is that if I activate the scene it will still be executed, whether the gate is open or closed

I don't understand !!!

• Inquirer
  • 13 hours ago, Vitor said:

Hello, I did this scene...

it was really very important for me to have the gate closed and if it is already closed, do nothing.
    But what happens is that if I activate the scene it will still be executed, whether the gate is open or closed

I don't understand !!!

That looks set up correctly. So when your wall plug is turned on if the sensor is closed the gate will open.

BUT

you need to set up another scene that all it does is turn the Wall plug on. Then that is the scene that you activate. It will then trigger this scene above automatically.

I think as others have said that if you manually trigger a scene then conditions are ignored, but if it is trigger automatically then it does not ignore the conditions