Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scene to put light out after x seconds HC3

Mies_NL

Question

Well i have a HC3 and i want to create a scene that when a MC is open then light goes on and if MC is closed the light goes off after 5 minutes.

Scene that i have is: When door opens then camera takes a snapshot, sends a push notification to mobile.

What i want is: When door opens the camera takes a snapshot, sent a notification to my mobile and turn a flood light on, then when door is closed the flood light will stay on for 5 minutes and then automatically turns off.

8 answers to this question

2 godziny temu, Mies_NL napisał:

Well i have a HC3 and i want to create a scene that when a MC is open then light goes on and if MC is closed the light goes off after 5 minutes.

Scene that i have is: When door opens then camera takes a snapshot, sends a push notification to mobile.

What i want is: When door opens the camera takes a snapshot, sent a notification to my mobile and turn a flood light on, then when door is closed the flood light will stay on for 5 minutes and then automatically turns off.

You need two scenes. One for turning on light when door is opened.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Second one to turn off light with delay:

6 minutes ago, michal85pl said:

Second one to turn off light with delay:

I would personally do it with checking if codnition is the one desired for 5 minutes and then turn off the light without any delay. By that you can extend the light by "breaching" contact sensor by opening doors for another 5 minuts. Yours scene does not extend it and may happen that light goes off after 5 seconds if you open doors near 5 minute mark.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

2 godziny temu, jakub.jezek napisał:

I would personally do it with checking if codnition is the one desired for 5 minutes and then turn off the light without any delay. By that you can extend the light by "breaching" contact sensor by opening doors for another 5 minuts. Yours scene does not extend it and may happen that light goes off after 5 seconds if you open doors near 5 minute mark.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

You're right, it's simple block solution...for example, using EventRunner4 QA from @jgab You can do it much better...

On 12/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, michal85pl said:

for example, using EventRunner4 QA from @jgab You can do it much better...

Everything works better with Lua.?

• Inquirer
  • Well that is a big Thank You for this simple support..
    I didn’t niticed that i could ad a time on the device.

It works great.

I went for the last option.

When contact is closed —> 5min —> turn of light and that did the job.