Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro smart implant to control Honeywell DRU burner

Tanghe

Question

Does anyone have any experience connecting a Honeywell fireplace burner? (DFGT-03MC01)
I was thinking of using a Fibaro implant.
There are 2 wires labelled “domotica” already attached to the fireplace. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/image.png.55bbd9fc23d9d7c2550217d0d18b7c04.png" />
image.png.c52ff619055138db2887f9a01777686a.png

7 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this is possible with the smart implant. My knowledge of the smart implant is not that good and it is not very clear to me in the specs. I have 1 in use which links the fire alarm to my HC2.

What I think is possible is use the Qubino 0-10V module. According to the specs it gives a max current of 7mA. This gives 2.2 / 0.007 = 314 Ohm for R2 and 10 / 0.007 = 1428 for R1+R2. R2 is 1428 - 314 = 1114 Ohm

Those are the minimum values of the resistance. Important for the 2.2V is that R1/R2 = 3.55

Edited by Jeroen_

I don't speak German.
But from what I can see, I would say that it is about controlling the burner or controlling a damper with a 0-10V command signal.
SmartImplant only has INPUTS for 0-10V (or binary inputs depending on the settings).
If you need to integrate a 0-10V control, there are several ways.
1) Jeroen correctly designed Qubino ZMNHVD(x) as probably the only Z-Wave device with 0-10V output

2) Fibaro RGBW2 + PWM to 0-10V converter
(Arduino shops, AliExpress ..)

3) own solution with the help of external products (possible ESP module and use of RESTapi + PWM module)

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the answers!

could I use this Qubino with my hcl? Any idea about wiring/settings?

wkr,

Tanguy

Connected according to the picture. Jeroen calculated the resistance.
    Pay attention to polarity. From the picture, it looks like GND will be on pin 1 and a positive potential on pin 6. Qubino has a terminal for 0-10V (positive) and - / GND (negative) for this output.
    Maybe the colors of the wire from the fireplace will help you, which you could also determine the polarity. Otherwise, I recommend studying the manual, measuring instrument, or disassembling the control unit and see where GND is (it is common for more signal paths).

I don't see a major problem, why shouldn't you get along with HCL. Perhaps the only problem may be, if you are more complicated to solve, you will not be able to script in LUA with HCL.

Pay attention to the correct type ZMNHVDx, where x is the type designation according to the frequency used in your country

I agree with Martin, there should be no problem using this with a HCL.  Make sure the Qubino is set up correct. Main thing is parameter 1 to value 5 (see picture below)

You also need a 12-24V power supply for this module. I have attached the manual for you below. There is also a list with the frequencies. You probable need the ZMNHVD1, that is the one I use in the Netherlands.

This is what I used for the power supply. I cut the connectors from the second part and have put them direct in de Qubino module.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/afbeelding.png.629a6f5a05398a539f0f084ecf9b67d1.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi, 

I managed to connect the qubino component with the honeywell component. I installed a resistor between the two to avoid going above the 3.3v bar. Now, I manage to light my fire, but not to modify the intensity, nor to put it out. Would you have any idea about this?

Here is the complet documentation from the manufacturer in Deutsch and the same document translated in english.

It basically says that :

Starting the fire is achieved by closing a contact between terminals 1 and 6 of the receiver. The main burner is activated immediately. Once the flame is detected, the main burner will burn at maximum power. After 30 seconds, the flame height will adjust according to the voltage level at terminals 1 and 6 between 0 and 2.2V and must not exceed 3.3V.

Does it work for you as describe ?