Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FIBARO Wall Plug HK - Problems with adding the device

T.Konopka

Dear FIBARO users,

Due to reports regarding difficulties with adding the device to our FIBARO for HomeKit Devices app, we would like to ask you for assistance in diagnosing the problem. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and thus users who encountered similar problems are asked to leave a comment with the following details:

- device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug

- iOS version

- firmware version of your Wall Plug

- type and firmware version of your router

- type of Wi-Fi

If FIBARO Wall Plug used to work before, please share details about that configuration as well.

I'm running into the same issue.

- device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug: iPhone SE (2020)

- iOS version: 14.3

- firmware version of your Wall Plug: I'm not sure, I did update it a year ago to the latest, I think 6.0.4 

- type and firmware version of your router: Ubiquiti UAP 4.3.26.11358

- type of Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz

It used to work before on the same WiFi and device (on previous iOS version), now I get "An unexpected error occurred. Try again" issue, both trying to add it from HomeKit, or from the FibaroHome app. I also run into an issue (since I have it) when it occasionally becomes unavailable, and needs to be unplugged and plugged back to come online again. It also uses a separate IP, not the one it gets on DHCP, but it did work before, now I can't even set it up anymore, no matter what WiFi i try.

Let me know if I can help more, or please feel free to reach out directly.

Edited by Teko

Similar issues for me.

- device used to add Fibaro wall play: Iphone 11

- IOS version: 14.4 beta

- firmware version of wall plug: I suspect 6.0.4

- type and firmware of router: Ubiquiti USG 3P firmware 4.4.51, Unifi AP AC LR firmware 4.3.24

- type of wifi: 2.4GHz and also tried with a wifi network supporting both 2.4 and 5Ghz

The device I am trying to add has been used before, but suddenly appeared offline. Since then I have not been able to add it, even after performing a factory reset. The error displayed is "Error Device could not be added to your Home". The device does show up in the initial dialogue of adding the device (accessories in range).

I do not have any strange characters in my network password. I have also tried to add the device throught the Apple Home app without success (an unknown error occured).

Best regards,

Anders

• Like 1

device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug: iPhone 12 Pro Max

iOS version: 14.3

firmware version of your Wall Plug: can't see it now, always updated when a new firmware was available

type and firmware version of your router: Ubiquiti USG 3P firmware 4.4.51, UniFi AP AC Pro firmware 4.3.24

type of Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz and 5Ghz with same SSID, no VLANs etc., just plain class c network

Device was used six months before in a HomeKit configuration, since then I did a factory reset. Now wanted to control a Christmas light. Tried adding it through Home-app and Figaro-app. It is found in range and I can select it but then shows "Error Device could not be added to your Home" after 15-20s.

• 2 weeks later...

One addtionalt observation; during pairing of the device (after resetting), I have also noticed that it is not possible to use the "Identify" function, as the device does not flash blue as indicated in the app text.

HI,

Same problem here.

device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug: iPhone 12 Pro Max

iOS version: 14.3

firmware version of your Wall Plug: can't see it now, always updated when a new firmware was available

type and firmware version of your router: FritzBox 4040, FritzOS 07.14

type of Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz and 5Ghz with same SSID 

Device was used 1 year before in a HomeKit configuration. Reset Device because I need to reconfigure my LAN. Tried adding it through Home's app and FIBARO's app. It is found in range and I can select it but then shows "Error Device could not be added to your Home" after 15-20s.

Hi, same problem for me when trying to add FIBARO Wall Plug from FibaroHome app in iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.3. Always try to run latest firmware but since I no longer can reach wall plug I can't confirm it.

Error message:

Error Device could not be added to your home. 

I have had this exact wall plug for more than a year. Working flawless, until now when it recently lost wifi-connection. I have run the reset sequence (yellow light and one extra push on the button). The wall plug is identified in the app but when trying to add it, wifi connection on iPhone drops (on-off-on-off-on) and reconnects and the error message appears. Something in the app makes the wifi connection drop and reconnect! See attached screen capture movie.

Please assist.

Edited by sassae

On 1/19/2021 at 11:34 PM, sassae said:

Anyone solved this issue or heard from Fibaro tech yet?

Received an answer from Fibaro support recently (the answer was very polite so I took the liberty to shorten the answer a bit.

Hi.

Please try to reset it to default settings one more time, however if the problem will be still there - please start warranty or ask your nesarest re-seller for an replacement,
We're aware of this issue and we've already forwarded it to our engineers, who are currently working on resolving it as soon as possible. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience it caused but I have to ask you for a little more patience.

So... Hold on, I'm confident they will solve this soon.
Edited by sassae

Dear Fibaro,

It is good that you have reached out to your customers. But what have you been up to the last month? Do you have any progress to report back to your customers? Or are you only waiting for customers to abandon Fibaro as a vendor in this market?

Best regards,

Anders

• 2 weeks later...

I have solved this problem. You need device with ios 13.x. I used ipad air 2 with ios 13.x. Add fibaro outlet to your homekit. First you must give a permission to connect to Wi-fi and than it already will be working on ios 14. 

In my opinion ios 14 doesnt ask for permission to connect to wi-fi and thats why it doesnt work. 

sorry for my bad english. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, Anders Ovreseth said:

Similar issues for me.

- device used to add Fibaro wall play: Iphone 11

- IOS version: 14.4 beta

- firmware version of wall plug: I suspect 6.0.4

- type and firmware of router: Ubiquiti USG 3P firmware 4.4.51, Unifi AP AC LR firmware 4.3.24

- type of wifi: 2.4GHz and also tried with a wifi network supporting both 2.4 and 5Ghz

The device I am trying to add has been used before, but suddenly appeared offline. Since then I have not been able to add it, even after performing a factory reset. The error displayed is "Error Device could not be added to your Home". The device does show up in the initial dialogue of adding the device (accessories in range).

I do not have any strange characters in my network password. I have also tried to add the device throught the Apple Home app without success (an unknown error occured).

Best regards,

Anders

I have the same problem 

2 minutes ago, Ed Leusink said:

I have the same problem 

same problem with same hardware / software as the one you quoted? It is important for FIBARO to get as much as possible exact informations, to be able to check and fix the issue, check the first posting in this thread

On 12/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, Anders Ovreseth said:

Hello,

(think I have a workaround)

Also I have had issues with the FIBARO wall outlet for the apple Homekit. I bought my first smart wall plug in December. I thought it is handy for turning on and off the light of my Christmas tree.

After having bought my first one, I was so happy with the small plug, and it was working that great that I bought another one, and another one, and another one, till I have 5 smart wall plugs from FIBARO.

Round the 3th week of January the first plug was sometimes not reachable via my iPhone (iPhone8) till a moment that I could not do anything with it. I performed a reset on my plug and, then it went downwards. I could not connect the plug anymore. I reset the plug multiple times and it dit not work. I thought that I performed the reset not good enough. but after trying and trying (I have no idea anymore how many times I tried) with another phone, from my wife (iPhone8, from my mother (iPhone8), another hub (apple TV 4k), and another hub (apple TV 4K), and again another hub (again a apple TV 4k) it still did not work.

I bought my smart plugs on 2 different stores, the first on at "

Please login or register to see this link.

" and the other four at "

Please login or register to see this link.

".

Because I had this issue with the FIBARO wall plug I thought that it would be best to contact the manufacturer, in this case "fibarobenelux". But I do not think this is the manufacturer, I think it is just a site where you can buy this plugs. They only use the name in its site.

Anyway, he gave me some "tips" like videos how to reset the plug. He also mentioned that these plugs do not work great with a combined 2.4 and 5 GHz WIFI. So I turned of the 5GHz radio. But still it did not work.

The guy from "fibarobenelux" asked me if I could give him the invoice, and I did. He told me that because I bought the plug at 123led, I need to contact them. So I contacted 123led.nl and I explained what was happening and they sent me another plug. Thank you led123.nl. I unpacked the the plug and turned it on and added the plug to my phone without any issues. So I could add a new plug without any issues. After installing the plug started updating its self to 6.04. (I did not check what the previous version was).

In the meantime I also changed my complete network. First I had a netgear network and changed it into a unifi-network with 3 HD AP's connected to a 24POE manageable switch.

After setting up the network I needed to reconnect the wall plugs again because of an new WIFI network. I could not find how to change the WIFI network for the plugs so I reset the plugs. And then it happened, the first plug was not able to add to my apple homekit. I go a error during linking. Again a second reset, but no. Then the third plug, no, the fourth plug, no. Now again already three plugs who are not able to add to my homekit after a reset. The fourth I did not dare to try.

So I contacted the fibarobenelux again and explained that I got a new one from 123led and that it was working fine without any issues. But the other four plugs still did not work after a reset. So I told him that it was strange and that started doubting that the plugs ware not ok. It is impossible that 4 plugs got defect after a reset. I got a mail from fibarobenelux and he thought that the network was probably the reason why it was not working. He also told me that it was mean to point to fibarobenelux. And this was the moment that I thought that fibarobenelux is not the manufacturer. He also send me the link of this site because he heard that more people had issues with the fibaro wall plug.

Just thinking, why can I add a new wall plug and not a reset one? And what haven't I don yet.

Then I started reading this site and I was thinking that I did not tryed it with a iPone with old IOS 14.3. So in I have took my old iPhone SE and started up the iPhone. Added the app and tryed to add the plugs, and YES. I was albe to add all the 4 plugs again.

My iPhone SE was running on IOS 14.3. So this was helping me. So if you have older iPhone, just try it out. Also I turned back on both radios, the 2.4 and 5GHz radio during linking of the last two plugs, and it was still working.

So I hope that I helped people with this long story. :) 

So I think that it can be two thinks, or the IOS from Apple or the FW version of the smart plug. But on both cases it is not tested well by FIBARO the manufacturer.

Good luck.

Yes ! Recent iOS 14.4 update giving Fibaro Plug problem!

either Fibaro need to find solution to adapt to 14.4 or iOS 14.4 need an adjustment (update)

Fibaro should contact Apple to sort out this problem.

Plz use iPhone previous firmware version (14.3) to re-adding those reseted Wall Plugs.

regards,

Edited by jcd

• 1 month later...

- device used to add FIBARO Wall Plug

- iOS version 14.4

- firmware version of your Wall Plug : not exact

- type and firmware version of your router : mikrotik ccr1009 

- type of Wi-Fi aruba 515 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz both

Not connect Fibaro plug 

Both Homekit and Fibarohome have the same symptoms.

• 3 weeks later...