Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug - Standby switch off

JappieJ

Question

Hi,

I couldn't find an solution on this forum but maybe you have the answer for me.

I've got the fibaro wall plug and i want to made a scene to switch off the wall plug when my TV goes into standby mode.

Now i found the power measurement < 30W and than the action turn off and even a timer before this action takes place for example 2 minutes.

But you can guess, this is always true because wall plug isn't on so the wall plug never get on because of the previous statement.

How can i fix this or am i doing something wrong ?

Kind regards,

Jappie

12 answers to this question

It seems like you are trying to remove power from the TV when it goes into standby mode, is that correct? Not sure why you would want to do that?

Or are you using the wall plug to power some other device?

If powering off for a LED tv I should NOT do it it seems to damage your tv. You can switch off other home cinema devices.

As you mentioned also you can create a trigger to switch tv on.

In your case it should work if power TV < x it will be switched off. It doest prevent switch tv on after switch on >>> stand bye mode >>> time delay >>> power < x Result wall plug switch off

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • 19 hours ago, Tim__ said:

It seems like you are trying to remove power from the TV when it goes into standby mode, is that correct? Not sure why you would want to do that?

Or are you using the wall plug to power some other device?

When i put manually the TV in standby mode after that i want to automatically switch off the wall plug.

This won't harm the TV and it should be possible because the energy consumption is 3W.

Now i put off the wall plug at an exact time and thats not the case ;)

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Sjakie said:

If powering off for a LED tv I should NOT do it it seems to damage your tv. You can switch off other home cinema devices.

As you mentioned also you can create a trigger to switch tv on.

In your case it should work if power TV < x it will be switched off. It doest prevent switch tv on after switch on >>> stand bye mode >>> time delay >>> power < x Result wall plug switch off

//Sjakie

This last thing i don't get it to work;  stand bye mode (manual action bij remote control)  >>> time delay >>> power < x Result wall plug switch off

It only works 1 time for me :(

When wall plug is on

and power measurement is < 5W

Then turn off wall plug.

4 hours ago, JappieJ said:

the energy consumption is 3W.

Fair enough, you are trying to save electricity. Just be aware that the wall plug itself uses up to 1.6W, so the power savings are not that great, about 5 euro per year.

• Inquirer
  • 10 minutes ago, Tim__ said:

Fair enough, you are trying to save electricity. Just be aware that the wall plug itself uses up to 1.6W, so the power savings are not that great, about 5 euro per year.

No, thats not my intention, TV when in standby modus can cause fire. While you are sleeping you don't hear/smell anything until it can be too late.

So i want to be sure to get the power from my TV after when i put it manually into stand-by modus

I guess that is a possibility, albeit very small. Fires can start for all sorts of reasons, not just faulty appliances - hopefully you have smoke alarms that will wake you if needed. Mains powered and interconnected ones are recommended. 

@JappieJ I think the problem is when you shut down the wallplug when power measurement is below a certain value and you manually power up your wallplug, it will shuts off again. Maybe you should add a time range to the condition?

btw @Tim__ recommendation on smoke alarms is important, there are also wallplugs burned down. 

Hi,

I use if power < 10 for 5 min TV>>>off This 5 min is only for in case someone push wrong button if using remote control.

REMARK: my TV doest go off but the home cinema goes off

related to "TV " on/off the light scene will be adapted.

Jappie can you post scene and debug?

@SmartHomeEddy has a point.

If TV wall plug is switched on how long it takes to switch TV on?

In my example if TV wall plug is switched on my home cinema is starting and power will be above the settting of 10 Watt

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

@JappieJ I think the problem is when you shut down the wallplug when power measurement is below a certain value and you manually power up your wallplug, it will shuts off again. Maybe you should add a time range to the condition?

btw @Tim__ recommendation on smoke alarms is important, there are also wallplugs burned down. 

I've got smokealarms interconnected to eachother and hopefully i don't need them.

What you say Edyy is exactly what is happening, add a time range for 2 minuts before the wall plug is off and this is working 1 time only after taht i can't get the wall plug manually or by sensors on.

My TV always starts up in standby mode and uses +/- 2,9W power consumption

So you got me thinking and ive got an solution now that's working for me.

First block --> Wall Plug is Turned ON for 2 minuts

AND

Second block -->Wall Plug Power measurement < 5W for 2 minuts

THEN

Wall Plug is Turn Off

Thanks for brainstorming and i wish you all the best!

I have a similiar problem. I want to turn off my mobile chargers after the charge.
    They turn on at a given time (say 00h) and should turn off after 5 minutos or < 5W power.
    What happen is that they turn on automatacly at 00h but imediatly turn off without waiting or measuring the 5 minutos at <5W power... After this happen, if I turn it on again, it works fine...
    Is this something to do with the power measure interval (default bu 1 hour) as when it turns on the last measure was made a long time before 5 minutes and was <5W and that's the reason why it is turning off?
    Do I need to take into accout the power measuere interval and the contion time lapse?