Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switches - HomePod mini - tvOS 14.3 - Control Center - Siri

GG1971

More than 40 Fibaro Single Switches perfectly interacting with 3 HomePods classic, 1 ATV, 3 iPads, 5 iPhones und 3 Macs via Siri, did so too with 11 HomePod Minis all over the house until updating from pre-installed tvOS 14.1 to 14.3. Since it's a disaster limited to HomePod minis via Siri.

Router: FRITZ!Box 7590

Repeater: 2 AVM FRITZ!WLAN Mesh Repeater 3000 and 1 AVM FRITZ! 1750E WLAN Repeater

Firmware Versions: up-to-date

Did anybody else experience the same?

Is Fibaro already in contact with Apple in this context as is LEDVANCE:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by GG1971
Complementary info

I have the same problem. I am able to turn on/off my Fibaro single switches with Siri and Home App on any iPhone, iPad and Apple TV but NOT with Siri on HomePod minis. 9 of 10 times the switches are not reacting when using Siri on HomePod minis. 

Edited by F.U.

I have the same problem - not with Homepod Mini, but with the "old" Homepod and the Apple TVs. Since tvOS/audioOS 14.2 the Fibaro Single Switches FGBHS-213 only works from time to time (80% they do NOT work). I have more than 50 Single Switches - so it is a big mess!

What can I do? Are there any updates planned?

Edited by janni2607

Same here. Two homepod minis, none of my "movement" automations works 90% of the time, before this it was always working and instant! I have 4 Fibaro Single Switches and 3 Orbi mesh routers in my setup. 

Maybe a bug report with Apple would help? I hope 14.3.1 is coming soon fixing this!

• 5 weeks later...

Updated to iOS 14.4, automations problem still happening with HomePod Mini. Any solutions would be appreciated, I tried almost everything and it's working 1 every 10 triggers.

• Topic Author
  • Interesting:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_01/1127027691_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-30um11_13_01.png.19f47401762a0f0541a67480d649aff8.png" />

Well it seems that the problem is that HomePod Mini currently only support BT for some type of devices, and Fibaro switches are not compatible. I guess that a firmware update by Fibaro or a fix by Apple should fix this, but it also would be great to know when it will happen... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have the same problem :(( Single switch is not working from HomePod mini. Works only from iPhone with turned on bluetooth

Not just single switch. Door and motion sensors aren’t working too. 

I just bought HomePod mini to replace my old iPad Air as a hub. 

Hope is os14.5 will fix the issue. 

Same for me. I have one atv4k and two HomePod minis within the same range. Motion and single switch don't work when HomePod mini becomes the hub but they work when the atv4k is the hub. I get this by resetting the HomePod minis. After a while though, the HomePod takes over again as a hub and I am back to square one.

• 2 months later...

Guys, stop posting, I guess by now Fibaro is aware of it! However they're still remaining quite.

What I found is, that ONE Switch reacts perfectly on Siri command (thru HomePod), the issue starts, at least for me, when 2 switches or more are conected.

Maybe something to look at!

37 minutes ago, SparkyFrank said:

Guys, stop posting,

hahaa, you react on a post from 17th February. They already stopt posting, but you started it ???

Always the Same problem with the latest IOS update (14.5)
    No SIRI control and automations doesn't work with homepod mini
    Now when fibaro will decide to solve the problem?

+1 Still with this problem on iOS 14.5, it would be nice if Fibaro solves this issue, their single switches are NOT compatible con HomePod Mini thus they are not ready for homekit :( at least for me

I have the same issue with a single switch. I have an Apple TV 4K around, and it worked rock-solid. Since I have a Homepod mini near to the single switch, I have "no response" all the time... Please fix this, Fibaro! Otherwise I'll throw it away and get something which works...

I am really angry!!!!
    a single switch costs 60 euros in France (≈ $ 70)
    and I have 7 singles switches in my house for 420 euros (≈ $500)
    and none of them work correctly with homekit and homepod mini while cheap Chinese devices are working fine

I waited for IOS 14.5 but it still did not solve the problem
    since IOS 14.3 there are a compatibility issues with homekit
    soon 6 months that the compatibility is broken
    Now Fibaro must fix the problem or reimburse us !!!

Edited by jeanchrijaz

Just tried 14.6.  The single switch still does not work with this firmware.  But the motion and door sensor are usable now.

So, they just fixed only Sylvania and Osram products. Not Fibaro. 

No way that is happening! I can't believe it. I also have 300+€ spent on Fibaro single switches that are unusable now. This is like a really bad joke... Please fix it guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, same here. I have only HomePod Minis and bought one Fibaro single switch for 45 EUR yesterday assuming Fibaro is well established with HomeKit. It only works 1 out of 10 times via the HomePod. 
    I consider sending it back because it does not speak for Fibaro if those issues persist over month without any attempt of Fibaro to solve it with software updates on their side (it still seems to be version 1.0). 
    E.g. Eve products with thread work perfectly fine with the HomePod mini.