Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Gate opener with smart implant wiring

Igor

Question

Dear Fibaro community,

Can you please advice how to do the correct wiring in order to power up the Fibaro Smart Implant to control the CAME Gate opener?

here is the wiring diagram for adding accessories on the gate opener:

I'm connecting red wire to 10 and blue wire to ground but I get no LED indication on the smart implant neither I can add it to fibaro HC3. Any advice please? 

Thanks

Igor

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 answers to this question

Which gate opener model do you use? I had  look at the CAME BX-243 manual, page 11, section 6.3, and it says that 10/11 delivers AC by default. Please have a look if this is the case for your model, too.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, jayrock said:

Which gate opener model do you use? I had  look at the CAME BX-243 manual, page 11, section 6.3, and it says that 10/11 delivers AC by default. Please have a look if this is the case for your model, too.

Hi,

I've got the BX-74/78 series so I assume if it delivers AC by default it won't work with smart implant, right? is there any workaround?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Igor said:

is there any workaround?

You could use an AC/DC converter or use the FGS-224 double smart module.

Yes, according to the manual, BX74-78 deliver AC on ports 10 and 11. Please have a look at page 13, section 6.3.

Unfortunately. The FGS-224 doesn't work on 24V AC either. The low power option is 24-30V DC.

Since you have the Smart Implant already, I'd suggest to go with simple 9V or 12V power supply that is fed with mains voltage. FWIW I'm using Smart Implant with reed contacts to discover the open/closed state of my garage door and my rolling gate.

Cheers,

jayrock

• Inquirer
  • On 12/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, jayrock said:

Since you have the Smart Implant already, I'd suggest to go with simple 9V or 12V power supply that is fed with mains voltage.

Thanks for the advice, I've connected it to 12V 15W power supply fed with main voltage but had no luck getting the smart implant to add into HC. Actually I did not get the LED flashing. I did the same for garage door which already had DC output and everything is working fine. 

Shoudl the smart implant output be also connected in order for the smart implant to be work? Thats the only thing I didn't do since I was just testing if the smart implant will get powered on. 

Thanks

Nope, as soon as you power on, you should be able to include the Smart Implant.

Possibly it is an RF issue. Did you try to include the unit from a location near to the HC?

• Inquirer
  • 20 hours ago, jayrock said:

Nope, as soon as you power on, you should be able to include the Smart Implant.

Possibly it is an RF issue. Did you try to include the unit from a location near to the HC?

The thing is that I did not even get the led light flashing on the smart implant. distance shouldnt be an issue, I've got the garage door implant included which is couple of m from the main gate. I'm going to test the implant on the garage door to check if it will get powered on.