Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Philips Hue Scenes - Quick App

Joost Thijssen

Question

Hello,

I recently got my HC3 and I've been experimenting with some of the QuickApps including the Philips Hue quick app to control my Hue Lights.

Please login or register to see this link.

)

While it works pretty well I found it was way harder to get the colors right using the Fibaro Color Control than it is in the official Philips Hue App, also in the Philips Hue app you can create a scene that will control all lights in a room or group. When using such a Hue scene all lights change at once, with the quick app and a HC Scene the lights get controlled one after another.

I couldn't find any way to set a Philips Hue scene using the existing Quick App so I wrote the included QuickApp to do so, please enjoy, extend or change, or maybe the functionality can be included in the existing QuickApp.

How to use:

1. Make sure you have the Philips Hue Quick App (HueMain) mentioned above up and running.

2. Create a scene in the official Philips Hue App and give it a unique name.

3. Install this Quick App (HueSceneRunner)

4. Check HueMain's variables and copy the values for 'HueBridgeIp1' and 'HueUser1', place them in HueSceneRunner's variables as HueUser and HueAddress.

5. Check HueSceneRunner's device number and remember it for now.

6. Create a new Lua Scene in HC for each hue Scene you want to use. Set Run Scene to manual. If you want you can use attached icon. It is recommended to call it something like "Hue 'xxx'" where xxx is the name of your Hue Scene.

7. Add this code for the 'action' part:

api.post(
    "/devices/XXXXX/action/runScene",
    {
        args = {"YYYYY"},
        delay = 0
    }
)

8. Replace XXX with the deviceId you got at step 5, replace YYY with the exact name you gave the scene in the Philips Hue App and save the HC Scene.

9. You're ready, now you can just trigger the created HC scene manually or run it from another HC Scene using the 'Run Scene' Block.

Troubleshooting:

If you access the HueSceneRunner's GUI you can 'browse' detected scenes, also you can instruct the QuickApp to check for newly added Hue Scenes.

Regards,

Joost

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Joost Thijssen
Corrected interpunction

4 answers to this question

Hi Joost,

Very useful QA. Thanks for your work and for sharing - it with us.

I have one question : I do have two HUE lights groups ( 1 and 2 ) connected to the HUE Bridge and app. 11 light scenes ( the ones which came as standard from Philips ).

When using saying ( HUE group 1 ) GUI, I am able to use each light scene properly.

When using HUEScenneRunner GUI, when changing several scenes, some are changing group 1 some other are changing group 2.

So the question is : is it possible to set the light group that are affected by the new scene ?

Looking forward to hear you,

With best regards,

Dan

what about to try this:

Please login or register to see this code.

For running Hue scenes you don't need any other QA

• Thanks 1

Thanks Petrkl12,

Tried the call from the scene as indicated and face the same problem ( calling for group 1 to be ON but is group 2 who is switching to ON ).

Looks that the value do incorporate ( in my case obviously I have different value ) also the group information ( 1 or 2 ) to which is applied. In spite of deviceID value which I correctly set to group 1.

Any thoughts ?

Looking forward to hear you,

With best regards,

Dan

I think that scene ID is unique for whole hue bridge and if you call for example id scene AAAAAA for group 1 or for group 2 or for group 3 - all calling will switch on same lights.