Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW 2 brightness control from wall switch in home center 3

miha89

Question

hello, how to set up 14 parameters of fibaro rgbw 442 (com.fibaro.FGRGBW442CC), i have celling RGBW led strip and need to control it from wall push button.

There is special option for that in home center 2, but i cant find it in hc3..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by miha89
typos

12 answers to this question

no idea, don't have RGBW(1) anymore. When you check the manual, you can calculate the values, unselect "use template", add parameter 14 (if does not exists) and apply calculated value, e.g.:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/image.png.6123dd22951934414ab430f4269e5bf4.png" />

• Inquirer
  • Let's summarize, i have Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (com.fibaro.FGRGBW442CC) with momentary wall switch. It control ceiling RGB+W led strip.
    I'd like to change brightness and turn on / off last state by push momentary switch, connected to white channel.

Home Center 2 have special option for that in Advanced device configuration when we can chose "momentary / toggle switch" and "normal / brightness / rainbow" mode options too. But there is no such option at Home Center 3!

I'm trying to disable device template and manualy set parameter 14 to 8738 (2 Byte, unsigned int). But RGBW Controller won't accept it and show me "Device not updated". Also I tried other combinations of parameters such as 4 bytes or signed int, but it was unsuccessful, rgbw 2 does not accept this setting without a template.

I hope for your help as soon as possible.

Edited by miha89
    summarize

• Inquirer
  • at the moment, as a temporary solution, I created a scene that when the if wall push button №4 pressed then toggle RGBW state. The button is connected to the white channel, but it works badly, I did not understand how to disable dimming of the white channel on pressing and ONLY send the scene.

It looks like a difference between rgbw 2 vs. rgbw 1 rather than hc2 vs. hc3.

The manual for channel 14 configuration you refer to above is for rgbw 1. Rgbw 2 has no such setting.

I'm also unsuccessful in setting up rgbw 2 to turn on at hardwired button press. I'm unsure, but nut my guess is it is due to rgbw 2 having separate channel brightness and overall brightness parameters. Seems kind of strange as hardwired buttons are able to control rgbw 2 only after overall highness was set via z-wave. I had no luck getting support from Fibaro, and consider replacing rgbw 2 with rgbw 1.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, miha89 said:
    Home Center 2 have special option for that in Advanced device configuration when we can chose "momentary / toggle switch" and "normal / brightness / rainbow" mode options too. But there is no such option at Home Center 3!

There is still a mode option you can set at the advanced tab. I do only have FGRGBW441's in use and don't use any keys to control my RGBW. My HC3 is running on 5.050.13.

You can try a soft reconfiguration or exclude the rgbw device and include it again.

Guys, you might want to read this post here:

Also, last year I wrote a LUA scene that manages most of the deficiencies in the RGBW 2, but to my liking, which may not suit most users.

I can share it here if anyone wants help... appreciate most people can code LUA on HC2, so may not need it.

Those are differences between V1 and V2 modules, in normal configuration there is no brightness setting via phisical buttons.
    Unfortunatelly this is somehow forced by Z-Wave Specification, we have got 4 channels and 4 inputs.
    Brightness is completely separate from those and in theory 5th button could be a solution but there is no way to connect it to RGBW2 module ;)

It is possible to change the way the buttons are used from normal mode to HSV, then input 1 controls HUE, button 2 Saturation and button 3 brightness of the module.
    You can find this in configuration parameters.

10 hours ago, alex88 said:

Guys, you might want to read this post here:

Also, last year I wrote a LUA scene that manages most of the deficiencies in the RGBW 2, but to my liking, which may not suit most users.

I can share it here if anyone wants help... appreciate most people can code LUA on HC2, so may not need it.

Ha, for sure I'm not gonna replace my RGBW 1s!? 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, Barend99 said:

Ha, for sure I'm not gonna replace my RGBW 1s!? 

And yet of those of us that bought thousands of £'s of RGBW 2 modules, we wait patiently for a reply from Fibaro as to when they will fix them.....

• Inquirer
  • On 1/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, leman said:

It looks like a difference between rgbw 2 vs. rgbw 1 rather than hc2 vs. hc3.

The manual for channel 14 configuration you refer to above is for rgbw 1. Rgbw 2 has no such setting.

Thats correct. Fibaro Support tell me that now it configured in parameter 150, not 14. And also i should connect wire button to Input 3, not any input like rgbw 1

4 hours ago, miha89 said:

Thats correct. Fibaro Support tell me that now it configured in parameter 150, not 14. And also i should connect wire button to Input 3, not any input like rgbw 1

Doing what you were suggested to do will allow you to control the brightness from the switch, but not color. If you set the color to red via z-wave your switch will only regulate the brightness on that line, so you won't be able to turn on e.g. white without z-wave controller.