Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat zone or Virtual thermostat device in Home Center 3

miha89

Question

Hello, i have Fibaro RGBW 2 module and 24V heating valves, normally closed (need voltage to open), how to add it to Climate Zones or Virtual Thermostat device? It don't shown in possible devices.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • hello, still need soludtion how to control heating device from dimmer (rgbw 2 dimmer in my case)

is that possible to use On-Off virtual device connected to dimmer state or something like that.

Hi @miha89,

You need to use switching devices (I recommend

Please login or register to see this link.

) for linked devices. If you want to use RGBW controller you would need to add binary switch QA (just as virtual switch, no programming needed) and make linked device and scene if binary switch is ON, then turn on RGBW controller and set channel x to 99 and same for off state. Or program thermostat QA to keep it in "one" QA.

Regards,

Jakub

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 1/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @miha89,

) for linked devices. If you want to use RGBW controller you would need to add binary switch QA (just as virtual switch, no programming needed) and make linked device and scene if binary switch is ON, then turn on RGBW controller and set channel x to 99 and same for off state. Or program thermostat QA to keep it in "one" QA.

Regards,

Jakub

Hello, Jakub

I suppose that relay switches have much less reliable in operation because it have a limited resource of mechanical switching on and off (it can 50+ switches per day), moreover, they do not have a soft start which affects the durability of thermal heads and finally one rgbw has 4 outputs, which gives more climatic zones for less cost. 

So i think QA thermostat is the best solution. Will it use Climate Panel for mobile app widget? Is there are done climatic QA file?

Thank you in advance!

15 hours ago, miha89 said:

I suppose that relay switches have much less reliable in operation because it have a limited resource of mechanical switching on and off (it can 50+ switches per day), moreover, they do not have a soft start which affects the durability of thermal heads and finally one rgbw has 4 outputs, which gives more climatic zones for less cost. 

They are not less reliable. We use them quite often with Mohlenhoff TRV. Those have some Wax in them that uses Heat produced by 230V to expand it, so relays are great for it and it introduces delay so relays in switches are ok.

Will it use Climate Panel for mobile app widget?

You would have to add it to climate panel first.

Is there are done climatic QA file?

Unfortunatelly I do not have one. I wrote that as one of the solutions.

I have a similar system, I'm also a heating engineer. I have found the best solution to be a Z-uno chip from Zwave-me and a relay module 6, 8, 10 or 12 way from amazon. I use a set for the Arduino system which is around £11 with the Z-uno £55.  Very easy to program, setup and very reliable. This gives you a switch for each actuator that you then add to a thermostat and control in the heating panel. I use Binary implants or Smart implants with DS18B20 connected to monitor the temperatures of each area.

I'm not sure why you think you need soft start, you don't the actuator needs full voltage and will open in around 2 min's. I have fitted thousands of actuators and controls which all switch with a simple on/off from the controller.

One small problem is the z-uno chips are in limited supply because they are about to release a new version.

It cost around £200 for a complete 16 zone control system including temperature monitoring in my own property hope this helps.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @miha89,

Regards,

Jakub

I have bought two phaze power regulator (triac) to my electric element. The regulator is managed by 0-10 volt.

I bought Qubino dimmer 0-10 volt and z-temp2 to use with climat panel. After reading this i understand that

a question to you if my solution with climat panei will fail?