Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 profiles, add to remote switch

mandresen

Question

Hi

I'm trying to use HC3's profiles (Home, Away, Night, Vacation)

I want to install a Aeotec Wallmote Quad remote switch to use with those profiles. When my son leaves the house he can just push one button and the hole house shuts down.

I have got the Aeotec to work with devices by Associations, but not the profiles.

Do you have any ideas aboute the profiles?

How do you set up HC3 to shut down and wake up the hole house?

Martin

4 answers to this question

Guest torneset

Hi,

You must use a scene that is triggered by the specific Aeotec Quad button which in turn set the appropriate profile.

I use that in my setup and works like a charm. I use block scene for this - example below:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_01/image.png.d3a177a536d7fff03215f1103cb3bade.png" /> 

• Inquirer
  • 16 minutes ago, torneset said:

Hi,

You must use a scene that is triggered by the specific Aeotec Quad button which in turn set the appropriate profile.

I use that in my setup and works like a charm. I use block scene for this - example below:

Thanks. 

I have only tried the buttons, not the main remote device in the block scene. 

Now it works :-)

On 1/10/2021 at 9:15 PM, torneset said:

Hi,

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi @torneset, I used your suggestion to trigger a scene (as opposed to a profile) using the Central Scene ID.

However, nothing seems to get triggered. I converted it to LUA and added a debug statement to be sure, the scene does not get triggered.

Have you had this issue as well? When I set up direct association with a dimmer for example it works fine.

Thanks in advance!