Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to configuration doorbell

Rafael Tomelin

Question

Hi,

I've the classic doorbell and I should like to know the automatization of the doorbell when the doorbell is played I create action in my Fibaro HCL but I don't know if Fibaro single switch is recommended with the doorbell or need another device by Fibaro?

8 answers to this question

If your doorbell uses 220V you could put a wallplug in between, measure the power consumption and trigger based on a power setpoint. 

9 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

If your doorbell uses 220V you could put a wallplug in between, measure the power consumption and trigger based on a power setpoint. 

Eddy. 99% of 100 plug will be offline ie witout power. are you really thinking what your plug can quickly connect to ZNetwork and pass own state at you expect? 

27 minutes ago, 10der said:

99% of 100 plug will be offline ie witout power

Why without power? If the doorbell needs 220V power for a power adapter, the wallplug will be online all the time. The wallplug just passes on the power and if the doorbell uses more power than in "sleeping mode", you can trigger a script. 

2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Why without power? If the doorbell needs 220V power for a power adapter, the wallplug will be online all the time. The wallplug just passes on the power and if the doorbell uses more power than in "sleeping mode", you can trigger a script. 

ok, now i can recognize your answer, but still no guess how to handle power-eating by ring if ring eating 0.000001... i do not thing what you connect heating radiator to ring button....

just for fun:

my friend (housemate) has an own private house. gate what he has - always opened so heavy... so when I ringing and after when the door-lock make a click and I am trying to open the door of the gate ... its' too hard...

on this holiday, I have asked him why the gate opened is too so heavy...

the answer was is funny as for me.

"Oleg. when you open the gate you drawing water from a well to my garden reserve tank..."

HA without any gateways :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 10der said:

"Oleg. when you open the gate you drawing water from a well to my garden reserve tank..."

??? 

3 minutes ago, 10der said:

but still no guess how to handle power-eating by ring if ring eating 0.000001...

Yes, it must have a significant power usage. My intercom doorbell has, so I can trigger my cameras and push messages. 

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

I can't alter the wallplug currently because is standard of the condominium.  Then I want to put the device internal the wallplug, I don't know what's device used for the internal doorbell.

Perhaps you can add a smart inplant in the cable who goes from push button to bell?

10der rightly pointed out that the consumption from the outside can be so small that it will be below the resolution of the socket. Despite the fact that the socket is one of the least reliable devices from Fibaro (currently I run one, which is voted for no apparent reason from HC3 - after 3 months of operation!)

If the doorbell is at 230V, use a parallel connection to the FGS-214/224 relay doorbell.
    If the bell is on any other voltage, use additional relays with the appropriate voltage, which connect in the same way (parallel to the bell). Then connect its contacts to the FGS or SmartImplant (if the corresponding DC voltage is also available).

• Thanks 1