Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New to Fibaro

GrahamL

Hi,

I am in the process of automating my home cinema and need to include a projection screen which is controlled with a Nice Way remote.  The helpful people from NiceWay have advised that Fibaro is the best (only?) way to integrate their remote with other appliances, Google Home and Harmony Elite .  What I need to know is which gateway will I need?  It's only one appliance which is driving this though there may be more in the future, blinds etc.  Can NiceWay be controlled with Home Centre Lite or will I need Home Centre 2 or 3?

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't seem to be possible to email Customer Support or chat with them.  Have I missed something??

In my opinion you need a Homecenter2 or 3 before the fun start. Homecenter Lite is just too simple and a lot of things cannot be done.

In regards to Homecenter2 or 3 - well:

1. Homecenter2 is at the end of the line. You cannot expect it to be updated anymore - so no new functionalities can be expected. However, it works rather well in the lastest firmware-version.
  2. Homecenter3 promise a lot of new functionality. However, the word here is "promise". It is not there yet and with Fibaro's track record in mind a lot of promises will never be realised. And right now the Homecenter3 is more a beta version than a fully functioning system.

I have a Homecenter2 and is somewhat satisfied. I have learned its behaviour and have lowered my expectations. It works for me with around 50 z-wave devices, a Sonos system and connection to Homekit from Apple through Homebridge running on my server. If I was new on the marked I would probably go with Homecenter3 but I am not certain.

With your specific needs I am not sure that a Fibaro Homecenter can help you - unless you yourself can program the functionality into the Homecenter. I hear that Homecenter3 is the best for http access, red note and what have you and for programming of apps to manage systems not supported directly by Fibaro. However, you need skills - unless you can find someone that have done the programming for you. Fibaro Market has some solutions - but not many to Homecenter3. 

Edited by Thomasn
typos
  • Topic Author
  • Thomasn, SmartHomeEddy, Momos,

Chaps, thank you for your help which is really appreciated. 

Having been back to NiceForYou/NiceWay, they have confirmed that their products use 433.92MHz rolling code only as Momos states so it looks like the HC3 is the way to go if I've understood the product specs correctly.