Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

switch & motor wires are not in the same distribution box

timmi

Question

Hey guys,

we re-build our house and put some more cables into the walls.

My electrician told me to put one wire to the motor (which is connected in a dedicated distribution box) and one wire to the switch itself.

I can only access the switch (because the motor-one is hidden behind tapestry) and found this yesterday:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I tried to put my roller shutter 2 in there and connect L, S1 & S2.

I get power on the shutter, the switch is working fine, but it is not discovered (tested several times).

Is this way of mounting working or would that not work?

Do I have to connect in every way to the motor?

best,

timmi 

4 answers to this question

Hi there

If I have understood you properly, you now have a roller blind and a corresponding switch.!?

Now you want to operate a second roller blind at the same counter.

You pulled the cables of the second blind into the switch box and connected them there.

Now the second roller blind doesn't work no matter what you do.

If I understand that correctly, you have the following problem!

Every roller shutter motor has at least the following connections!

1. Up the blind

2. Lower the blind

3. Neutral conductor

every now and then there are 1 or 2 programming lines.

Each switch (as seen in the photo) has an L for the phase In the photo it must be the gray wire.

Roller blind up (black) and roller blind down (brown).

Black and brown can also be upside down, but it doesn't matter.

Where did you connect the 3rd neutral conductor of the blind?

Without it, there is no way it will work.

As you described, the junction box is behind the wallpaper.

Now comes the bad news!

If the roller blind and the switch are connected in this junction box,

you have to connect the second roller blind there as well because the neutral conductor for the roller blind motor is in there.

Sorry, but there is no other way you have to bite the bullet.

That's what the electrician meant.

Greetings Frank

Edited by FBerges

• Inquirer
  • Hey Frank,

thank you for the answer. Maybe I need to provide some more detailed informations:

I just got these cables in the existing switch (which is working fine). I got two more wires in the cable, but they are not used.

The motor has a completely different cable and both are connected in the fuse-box.

Best

timmi

When you say "the switch is not discovered ", do you mean the home centre can not see the roller shutter device? If so, you need to temporarily move the roller shutter device closer to the controller to get it to register.

Otherwise,  if you are having problems with the wiring,  I would ask the electrician to come back and take a look.

On 18. 1. 2021 at 9:54 AM, timmi said:

Hey Frank,

thank you for the answer. Maybe I need to provide some more detailed informations:

I just got these cables in the existing switch (which is working fine). I got two more wires in the cable, but they are not used.

The motor has a completely different cable and both are connected in the fuse-box.

Best

timmi

Frank described it well.
    Maybe I'll specify a description. You wrote that there are two more wires in the cable that you don't use. Is it a cable that leads to a switch? Are the colors Blue and Green-Yellow?
    If so, connect the blue wires to the N terminal of the roller shutter actuator and on the other side connect to the N motor or to the N switchboard. You get the necessary neutral conductor important for powering the roller shutter module.
    In case of connecting N from the switchboard, you have to follow the relevant circuit to the current protector, otherwise it will look out (it depends on whether you have PE or PEN protection).
    But I'm a little scared that you have no idea what you're doing and these are the last lines we read from you here! Either be careful or it is best to call an electrician.

eM.