Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Operating toggle switch now turns on other devices not associated?

eboy

Question

Hi

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction please?

I have HC2 operating several RGB controllers and dimmers. The controllers are also manually switched by normal `toggle` switches.

I have the majority of the controllers mounted in a consumer unit casing together in the utility room and the HC2 is mounted in a cupboard in the hall. This does seem to now get hot, and has even cut-out before.

However what is now happening is when I switch one of the lights on via the switch the majority of all the other controllers and dimmers also come on and when switched off they then also turn off!

Has anyone also had a similar issue?

Do I suspect the HC2 or the module?

3 answers to this question

Another possibility. I'd say you "accidentally" added an association (in the browser), or this association got there "all by itself". The RGBW fw < 2.6 is know to have/cause this issue, you need fw 2.7 and set a parameter to fix that.

Please turn off your HCx. If the problem still exists, we know with 100% certainty that it is an association from device A to B and your HCx is "not involved". If it disappears, you have grouped devices or have a scene you forgot about (I am not underestimating you, I have been on this forum since 2013 and it happened to me a while ago, forgot a bit of code...).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With HC2 I have never had that problem, but with HC3 the problem has occurred several times. If I turn on a certain lamp, another lamp that has no association also lights up.
The problem ended when I switched places between the units.

You can first try to do a "Soft reconfiguration" on all devices. You can also do a "Mesh network reconfiguration" to see if it helps.

• Inquirer
  • HI

Many thanks for the replies.

I switched off the HC2 and the problem did indeed continue so assume a glitch in one of the modules?

I then soft reconfigured all the lighting controllers (having checked I had no scenes etc. forgotten about - good call!) 

I had to re-set a couple of settings not all went back as before but everything seems to be working fine again.

Hopefully this was just a glitch and nothing regular as I really want a reliable system,  that`s why I went with Fibaro but hoping I haven't made a mistake?

What is peoples opinion on the most reliable controllers out there now?